KZ ZS10 suggestions

angelworm

Inspired
Hi fellows, just received the IEMs; very nice and they sound better than the variuos headsets and earphones I tried.
Still, they retain that glassy and icy “halo”; I was able to partially correct it with a couple of adjustments (room in the cab block and a PEQ blocking some 4-5khz.
I was wondering if anyone has better suggestions, or if a correction curve is available out there.
Thanks

It all depends on your situation. If you are using IEM's for a monitor for your band, then you need to set the EQ in the mixer for your ears so that the full freq signal goes to FOH. If you carve an EQ to be pleasing to an IEM for you, it prob wont translate well out front.

If its just for playing at home with an IEM, id really reccomend just getting over the ear cans instead if its a volume thing.

I’ll use it with the band, but just for monitoring myself
If its only for you, id run out2 or 3 or 4 to it and isolate the send for it and tweak the global EQ of it just for the IEM send. But usually for myself i pull down 8k and above and work from there. Sometimes its just the guitar and its overly bright.

I use Shure SE215s as my first go at IEM, and it has been a game-changer for both clarity and ear-drum health! I have just ordered the ZS10 that I have heard so much about.

I have a bit of a weird setup: I use my headphone jack (ie OUT 1) for wired in-ears, and send OUT 3 to the mixer. I then bring a monitor mix back in via IN 3, and shunt that straight to OUT 1 as well. My mix from the desk has my guitar taken out, so I mix the band with my guitar by changing the level of input 3 using the performance tab. I have a PEQ block just before OUT 1 so I can tune what goes to my ears without changing my main EQ.

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 11.32.00 pm.png

Ideally I would just send the Axe to the desk, and take an aux from the desk for my mix, but we're not wireless so it would be a long cable! :) This way I can at least change the levels of the whole band relative to myself. If I had a wireless IEM pack, I would just edit my personal mix on the mixer (XR18) using a tablet.

I run the ZS10 Pro's, used to run the ZS 6's for years. My favorite buds for sure are now the 10 pro's. Very cost effective as well. I've never had any issues with the sound they produce in regards to my presets. I have yet to make any adjustments on my X32 in regards to my tones coming through the buds.

How do you normally audition your AXEFX presets?

I run the ZS10 Pro's, used to run the ZS 6's for years. My favorite buds for sure are now the 10 pro's. Very cost effective as well. I've never had any issues with the sound they produce in regards to my presets. I have yet to make any adjustments on my X32 in regards to my tones coming through the buds.

How do you normally audition your AXEFX presets?
Pair of KRK Rokit 5 or a Headrush 112

Are you only noticing that "halo" with the ZS10's?

I'm just trying to understand that phenomenon, since I don't think I have ever.
Yes, a little shrill and fizz in the top end.
But the PEQ is taking care of that, I just need some time to nail the proper freqs

I have the ZS10's and noticed a little emphasis on upper mids - still they sound great.

I just got a pair of AS12's - they're noticeably better than the 10's and seem more balanced to my ear

They are both WAY better than the Shure 425s I used before

I have the ZS10's and noticed a little emphasis on upper mids - still they sound great.

I just got a pair of AS12's - they're noticeably better than the 10's and seem more balanced to my ear

Hold on, do you guys have the ZS10 or the ZS10 "PRO"s?
1621368456699.png

As12? What's the difference compared to the AS10?

My ZS10's are NOT the Pro's

I really like the AS12's. They're a little heavier but with the right foams they stay put well. Great bass response and balanced highs to my ear

1621371179047.png

Back
Top Bottom