Krk monitors?

heynathb

Hi there, does any body know if krk rockit 5 monitors (active) are any good for running the axe ultra for home use? Cheers nath.

I haven't tried the Rokit 5's, but I used to use V4 II's and they were pretty darn good for the size and price !

I'm using Rokit 5's with a 10-S sub. No hum and IMO they sound good for budget monitors, and work quite well with my Ultra.

Can't beat the KRK rokit in this price range!
it does the job really well for me (rokit 5 G2).
I also had the Rokit 6 for a few days, for me there was no real difference with the Axe Fx Ultra (haven't mix eith them)
and they were to big for the space I had on my desk so I kept the Rokit 5!

I have em too, and they rock!! In fact I tried my 2,000$ Bose PA and the Krk's sounded much better!. Keep an eye out I just did a youtube clip of some medium gain stuff with em to be posted tonight. Search YT 'Axe Fx Lincoln Brewster tone' tomorrow and you can hear them!

Last edited:
Same thing here. Have the Rokit 5's and they are loud enough for home use, and sound better than my RCF310a IMHO... Great value!

I use KRK Rokit-8's (G2) and a sub with my Axe Fx, but I also own a pair of Rokit-5 G2s and a 2nd subwoofer that I use with my computer/recording setup. For the money, I think the G2 Rokit line is the best thing available right now (IMO). Before deciding on the KRKs, I actually bought a single KRK, JBL, M-Audio, Yamaha, and Dynaudio (much more expensive). I took all five home and tried them side-by-side for a few days (using Guitar Center's 30-day return policy). The Dynaudio was best, but I thought the Rokit 8s was pretty close. After adding the sub, I liked the KRK better. Besides, I paid less for two Rokit 8" G2s, two Rokit 5" G2s, and the two subwoofers, than I would have paid for just two Dynaudio BM5A MKIIs. If possible, try a few different brand monitors like I did. There is a good chance that you might like one of the other brands within this price range better based on your room acoustics, playing style, patches, or even music preferences. Good luck with your search!

Rockit monitors?

Thanks for the info guys thats a great help, i use a power amp an 2x12 for live use but wanted the monitors for for an easy home playing option, still decieding wheather to go full frfr? Thingk im missing out on a lot of tone not having the power amp sims. If any body thinks there are monitors that are just as good/better than the rockit 5s that would be good to hear, thanks again guys Nath.

I have a pair of V6 series 2's and I really don't care for them, at least on their own. You really need a subwoofer for the V6's because they can't put out enough bass on their own. I think the V8's handle the bass a lot better. Without a sub, the sound tends to sound midrangey and colored rather than flat and balanced. Honestly, I get way better balance and range from my Sony MDR-V500 headphones, which I use for mixing and patch adjustments. If I had had my choice back when I got these, I'd have gotten V8's, but I just sort of ended up with these rather than picking them out myself. (long story)

As my sig says, I ultimately chose the Adam P11As with a sub10, but the KRK V8s are great for mixing.

Since we're on the topic of KRK's--I have the KRK 8's and have had good use out of them...surprising bass response with the monitors being front ported. Wondering if anyone thinks it's worth it to upgrade to the V8's? they are substantially more expensive, and am wondering if there is a lot to be gained by it> also a few have subs with there KRK's...is it worth it? I've considered this as well, or should I save my money on the sub and by the V8's?

I agree that the KRK's give great bang for the buck...

Its kinda difficult to compare with my 2x12 set up becuse i use the cab sims with the krks, but im really happy so far, i use the r5s in a small room and they sound v good to me. Am thinking of adding a sub when ive got the spare cash.

I run my standard through RKR Rokit 5's when I practice, and I LOVE it! They sound GREAT, and I didn't have to buy anything extra since I was using them for studio monitoring anyway ;)

I used my Roland Cube 60 for the longest time at home...don't need to anymore!

Eric

Back
Top Bottom