Chef's Concorde

+1
really a great amp
and great playing swedish chief ! love the tone
I DL the preset

Cool. What did you monitor through while recording? Did you need to keep it loud to feedback?

My monitors are KRK V8's. I kept it at normal studio monitoring level, a bit above conversation level. The swell effect is not done with feedback, but with the volume knob. That's the wonderful dynamics of this amp and the Axe-FX in general... But there are parts that could've been more like the original, IMO, if I would've been able to crank it. I'm using vibrato to sustain certain notes and at the end they just died on me... Anyway, this was meant to be more of a showcase of the new Concorde. Thanks for tuning in!

Well that was a pleasure to listen to on a Friday morning. I listened to it a least a couple times. Thanks for that demo, that was really beautiful to listen to. This is kind of how I play, low gain type stuff.

Man that cooks Chef. Love the sound, feel, and playing. I'm gonna go fetch my lava lamp and listen to that with the lights off!

Dude I absolutely love this. I downloaded your patch but its not translating well to my system.

I noticed you changed a bunch of advanced settings, any reason why?

I'm not using a guitar with single coils, using a Suhr modern with aldrich pickups.

Thanks for listening and commenting you guys, I really appreciate the positive feedback... :)

Dude I absolutely love this. I downloaded your patch but its not translating well to my system.

I noticed you changed a bunch of advanced settings, any reason why?

I'm not using a guitar with single coils, using a Suhr modern with aldrich pickups.

I really don't know why it's not translating. Post a sound clip, it would help to analyze it. This is a 10.06 patch first of all. Further, this is a really dynamic and sensitive amp and it'll sound different depending on the volume and Q of your pickups. It's done with a stock cab. For the clean stuff the volume is around 2 on my Tyler, I never turn it past 8 for the overdriven tones. All done on the neck pickup, single coil of course, 11-50 strings. I would say all these will matter when getting down to it. You can place a Graphic EQ block first in the chain and try to dial in a similar tone when your guitar volume is set to about 2 to 3.

As to the advanced settings: I usually tweak til I hear/feel what I'm looking for. The only science for me is trial and error and using the ears, especially when it's something like this - a recording. Anything goes as long as it works in the end...

sounds great on my system, it even sounds great thru my matrix->2X12. if I keep the volume on my guitar at around 50%
it is one sweet tone, clean but thick. thanks for the patch, I never would've looked at this amp LOL!

Thanks for listening and commenting you guys, I really appreciate the positive feedback... :)

I really don't know why it's not translating. Post a sound clip, it would help to analyze it. This is a 10.06 patch first of all. Further, this is a really dynamic and sensitive amp and it'll sound different depending on the volume and Q of your pickups. It's done with a stock cab. For the clean stuff the volume is around 2 on my Tyler, I never turn it past 8 for the overdriven tones. All done on the neck pickup, single coil of course, 11-50 strings. I would say all these will matter when getting down to it. You can place a Graphic EQ block first in the chain and try to dial in a similar tone when your guitar volume is set to about 2 to 3.

As to the advanced settings: I usually tweak til I hear/feel what I'm looking for. The only science for me is trial and error and using the ears, especially when it's something like this - a recording. Anything goes as long as it works in the end...

Your clip sounds much brighter than what I'm getting. I'll try your suggestion when I get home tonight, think it has to do primarily with the fact that I'm using humbuckers and you used single coils. Don't have a way to do a recording.

The reason I asked about the advanced settings was to be certain if you altered them or if the file was corrupt on my end.

Thx for your help!

Chef, I dont think you are capable of posting a clip below 10/10. Every time I see a new post from you, I stop everything I'm doing and check it out. Amazing clip and patch!

Back
Top Bottom