Chef's Concorde

Swedish Chef

Power User
Do you guys remember this thread? :D

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/68169-mimic.html

Well, after spending 15 minutes with this fantastic amp (new in 10.06) I pretty much nailed the tone. Cliff, you've done a marvelous job with this one. I thank you deeply! So, I did a small side by side comparison. About 90-95% there, IMHO. Original recording panned hard left, Axe-FX hard right.

All gain and tone changes are done with the volume knob of my Tyler. Let me know what you think...

Last edited:
Chef, you're the man! You and I share so many tonal preferences! I remember writing to Jack Devine on The Gear Page about two years ago to inquire about the settings and the specific guitar he's used for that exact clip. And now I see you tonematching it :D Great job! Would really appreciate the patch if you've used a regular cab instead of tonematching!

You really nailed the clean / slight breakup parts... only thing worth looking into is the overdriven tone. This might need some minimal adjustment... maybe a tad bit less treble and slightly more mids? I'm listening to it on mid-level earphones, so take my advice with a grain of salt :D

Anyway, you always post good stuff! You're definitely among my top 5 fractal forum posters!

Chef, you're the man! You and I share so many tonal preferences! I remember writing to Jack Devine on The Gear Page about two years ago to inquire about the settings and the specific guitar he's used for that exact clip. And now I see you tonematching it :D Great job! Would really appreciate the patch if you've used a regular cab instead of tonematching!

You really nailed the clean / slight breakup parts... only thing worth looking into is the overdriven tone. This might need some minimal adjustment... maybe a tad bit less treble and slightly more mids? I'm listening to it on mid-level earphones, so take my advice with a grain of salt :D

Anyway, you always post good stuff! You're definitely among my top 5 fractal forum posters!

Wow, thanks! :D Well, you sure know how to sweet talk a man into giving you what you want... :lol So, your wish is my command:

The original seems to be somewhat smoother in character, but they sure sound similar. Gött jobbat.

We'll have to call you the Swedish Chief now instead of the Swedish Chef. Who knew the Chef had the depth in his soul to play that?

Impressed. Sincerely.

Thanks for sharing the preset!

Last edited:
Wow!! Love the tone but love the song even more, except it's too short. Any chance you could extend that another 3 minutes or so???

That's a seriously great tune. Thanks!

Hi Swedish Chef,

I love the tone, but it's a little difficult to really hear your guitar part as I think you're playing over Jack's part (is that correct?It's millisecond perfect!). Are you doing the Feedback too? It's a pity you don't have the original backing track without Jack's playing.

I loved the playing by the way and it's impressive how quickly you got this example up!

That was wonderful playing, great music and WOW tone. That is an amazing amp model. Way to go Cliff. Thank you both.

Back
Top Bottom