Fixed Knobs without yellow circles are allowing modifier attachment

It's the age old adage: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Yes, this is a bug. I will fix this in the next release.

There are usually good reasons why some parameters do not allow modifiers. It is better to request (through the wishlist) that certain parameters can be modifiable at the hardware level. This allows Cliff to investigate whether there are any adverse affects to the algorithms.
Why not a preference in AxeEdit to allow power users to set modifiers on all parameters ?

Why not a preference in AxeEdit to allow power users to set modifiers on all parameters ?
Seems pretty clear this comes down to whether Cliff:
1. Wants to enable more things for modifier attachment
2. Decides that they won't cause problems, possibly on a parameter-by-parameter basis

Seems pretty clear this comes down to whether Cliff:
1. Wants to enable more things for modifier attachment
2. Decides that they won't cause problems, possibly on a parameter-by-parameter basis
From Cliff in your other thread"
"Theoretically ANY parameter can be modified but we disallow some parameters from being modified because it can cause audio artifacts.

If there are parameters you want to be modifiable the correct thing to do is to make a request in the Wish List. If we deem there are no negative consequences to making the parameter modifiable then it's a simple thing to do as it's just a flag bit in the parameter's descriptor."

Seems pretty clear that it's just #2. Fractal seems to do whatever they can to implement ideas and suggestions. Doesn't mean though that every idea is a good one or feasible no matter how much support it gets.

Not every wish deserves an explanation of why it won't work or won't be implemented but for those they have commented on, I don't believe they have responded to an idea or suggestion with a "we don't want to". There's always an accompanying explanation of why it won't work, isn't necessary or would be detrimental to the tone or unit.

Last edited:
Just to say it, "glitches" aren't always a negative. One man's ale is another man's kale, or something...

I like the idea of a setting to globally enable them or not. Maybe a red circle instead of yellow for ones that aren't "guaranteed" not to do something "broken" sounding?

But now we're into more development work, as opposed to a simple setting. Maybe just a list in the wiki, what's fully supported and not?

Just to say it, "glitches" aren't always a negative. One man's ale is another man's kale, or something...

I like the idea of a setting to globally enable them or not. Maybe a red circle instead of yellow for ones that aren't "guaranteed" not to do something "broken" sounding?

But now we're into more development work, as opposed to a simple setting. Maybe just a list in the wiki, what's fully supported and not?

"just" a list in the wiki ... ? There are hundreds of parameters across all blocks.

Don't overlook that when a modifier makes something sound broken, the user might call Support or report it as a bug, which requires a response, which is money.

It's Fractal's policy, they call the shots. Let's put it to rest.

But as long as we’re on the topic, there’s one parameter that IMHO should be modifiable, and that’s LEVEL in the Input blocks. Because this would provide an easy way to adjust presets for different guitars.

if he investigates and see it dont harm anything would you guys change it back please? Thank you
It's the age old adage: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Yes, this is a bug. I will fix this in the next release.

There are usually good reasons why some parameters do not allow modifiers. It is better to request (through the wishlist) that certain parameters can be modifiable at the hardware level. This allows Cliff to investigate whether there are any adverse affects to the algorithms.

I agree with you on this one.
But as long as we’re on the topic, there’s one parameter that IMHO should be modifiable, and that’s LEVEL in the Input blocks. Because this would provide an easy way to adjust presets for different guitars.

Back
Top Bottom