Knob protector bar blocking button 3

bstoner

Inspired
Does anyone else find that the bar that protects the knobs is completely in the way of button three? It makes it nearly impossible to step on that button in a live performance. I can only imagine on the AX8 where the bar is blocking buttons two through four would make that unit nearly unusable for me live. I played with the FX8 Friday and Saturday and that bar proved to be a serious pain. Unless I can find a way to relocate that bar I think the FX8 and I shall part ways.

Bummer because other than that I think the unit works well.

While i love the compact design, I found myself struggling with the bar and the overall narrow spacing if the buttons in general too. Coming from a G-SYSTEM where there is ample space, it's taking me some time to get accustomed to the FX8'S layout. I've found I tended to use the ball of my foot and the FX8 requires using a toe tap instead. I've actually practiced over and over switching from scene to scene and switching x/y until I feel confident. I'm not quite there yet but I think over time it will become easier. For me, the quality and flexibility of the FX8 is worth the extrs work.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I also use the ball of my foot to click on buttons have been doing so for 20+ years as a lead singer it is nearly impossible to try to push button 3 with your tippy toe with that bar in the way while singing. There must be a way to relocate that bar and still have it function as expected. Perhaps there's a way to replace the cheap plastic pots with something a bit more substantial?
I have a Nother gig today and I think I am going to revert back to my old pedal board. Knob protector bar ruins the FX8 in my opinion. Arrrg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom