Wish Knob and button info

sirus1987

Inspired
I brought this up a long time ago and it was kind of addressed, but a SUPER helpful feature that I feel could be implemented fairly easily is a "right click" function on each knob and switch in Axe -Edit that gives a technical description of what the button/Knob does as well as how it is supposed to effect the sound and or/ give suggestions. I know this kind of already exists on the wiki page, but it would be much easier if implemented into axe edit and would streamline the process of tinkering and really digging into the features of the Axe-FX. I think it would encourage creativity a bit more and get people to be more free with creating tones. I'm admittedly not super tech savvy and can get a little overwhelmed with all the options, personally, and usually just kind of plug and play or will only mess with the basic tone parameters. I am breaking away from that a bit with the axe-fx III and forcing myself to really play with all the features, but it's definitely difficult.

I think the difficulty would be how much information to provide. Few words, 3 sentences, 3 pages of advanced theory ?

Like if a pop up says a controls adjust the bias on the power tubes how many people know what bias is and if it’s a “cold” or “hot” bias, and how many know what those terms mean and how it changes the amps feel/response, and how many even would know what a power tube is/does ?

Generally the knobs name is pretty descriptive of what it does, but only if you understand what the feature is doing. Transformer mismatch makes perfect sense if you know what it does and how changing it affects the sound, but obviously that is a lesson that’s hard to sum up in a small text box, so where does that leave you? Probably googling “transformer” or reading the wiki

The status bar at the bottom is partly reserved for a short description of every parameter when you mouse over it. The idea is that the file would be XML so it can be customized or translated into any language.

The status bar at the bottom is partly reserved for a short description of every parameter when you mouse over it. The idea is that the file would be XML so it can be customized or translated into any language.
Great. This is something which will for sure benefit everyone.:)
I did a wish list, way back when I bought my II, and wondered if the manual could be embedded into Axe Edit and viewed when you hover or use a shortcut key.
Personally I would like to see a few tips thrown in for good value too - Things like "use with A.N.Other parameter for more chime" or "decrease this parameter for clearer delays" etc etc

Like the help box at the bottom left of Ableton Live. Scroll over a button, the paragraph from the manual pops up explaining what it is and what it does.

Back
Top Bottom