Knaggs?

A buddy of mine used to work for both PRS and Knaggs, and he had nothing but praise for Knaggs. I'm sure they're fine instruments, even though I've never played one. But for me, I can't get past their look, and they seem to be past my price-point comfort zone for a guitar that has everything I want.

It's a well respected high end brand, which is to say if you like the specs (neck profile and thickness, pickup configs, materials, finishes) then you'll probably like the guitar.

If I see one I'll try it, but I know I like PRS so I buy those lol.

20211203_103154.jpg
20211203_103147.jpg
20211203_103736.jpg

I just got one for a great deal. I think it is exceptional in quality and tone, I also have 2 beautiful relic fender CS strats, but because of the glued neck, the Knaggs even surpass these 2 in tone, the collar blackface pups gives it the glassy rich tone with enough bass which i like a lot. The appearance is not for everyone I can imagine, but I think this combination is beautiful. In short, very happy with it and a nice addition to my collection :)

Last edited:
The only Knaggs guitar I've ever had the opportunity to play is Larry Mitchell's Knaggs-I think it was the Severn model. It played great with the most amazing low action, but only played it for a few minutes. An amazing guitar from what I could discern, right up there with Tom Anderson.

The only Knaggs guitar I've ever had the opportunity to play is Larry Mitchell's Knaggs-I think it was the Severn model. It played great with the most amazing low action, but only played it for a few minutes. An amazing guitar from what I could discern, right up there with Tom Anderson.

They are fantastic guitars. I have two of them. One is a replica of Larry's charcoal guitar, the other is pretty much a one-off.

Attachments

• Larry Mitchell-1.jpg
    Larry Mitchell-1.jpg
    796.3 KB · Views: 18
  • LM got the Blues-1.jpg
    LM got the Blues-1.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom