Knaggs Larry Mitchell Incoming - ARRIVED!!!!

I played Larry's Knaggs guitar at an Axefx get-together in Phoenix about 5 years ago. It was probably the most perfect setup guitar I've ever played, the action was so low you could have fretted the strings by blowing on them....That's all I remember, sorry. Larry is an amazing player and super-nice guy.

So the Knaggs Larry Mitchell is here! All I can say is "Freaking Wow"! This is one fine instrument. Gorgeous looks, excellent craftsmanship, and surprising (to me at least) acoustically, it is loud. Plugged into the Axe III it just sings. Playability is off the charts, effortless to fret a note on the neck. No sleep tonight!IMG_3961.JPGIMG_3962.JPGIMG_3965.JPGIMG_3966.JPG

Gorgeous guitar. Congratulations!
A drummer buddy of mine used to work at Knaggs, and he used to send me lots of pics of their builds, some of which had 3 layers of woodwork on the body. Just amazing looking instruments. And as I understand it, they're simply a cut above even some of the best builds out there. I guess that's what happens when one of the top guys at PRS starts his own company, and expands upon the refinements that Paul worked to build into his builds, learning from repairing various brands when he was young, and working at, I believe, Veneman's in Rockville, MD.

Back
Top Bottom