KLON Drive Settings

Instead of worrying about modeling the Klon or replicating it's settings - surely one of the gurus here can create a drive setup even better, call it the "Klon KillerTM" and then every time a newbie asks "where's the Klon" - we can just say "don't need it - we have the Klon KillerTM. LOL. :p

I understand the frustration of it firing people up, but it really is it's own thing. That's not to say that any of the drives in the axe aren't 'as good', either. I remember before the precision drive was put in, the general consensus was 'It's just a tube screamer'.

(I would gladly donate a tumnus, or archer, for the cause.)

Cliff is like that, not saying it’s a bad or a good thing, I personally think it’s a bit of both. But there are some things he seems dead set against.

1- Klon
2-HM2
3-Separate Poweramp Models
4-Rockman
5-Ada MP1

There are others but these are the ones I recall most through the years.

There's already the Rock Me On factory preset, Leon Todd and Burgs have also shared some fantastic Rockman presets on AxeChange.

I found these settings in the forum and wiki on how to simulate a KLON Centaur drive pedal. I tried a few others and this sounded the closest.
Anyone else have luck tweaking settings that were previously shared?

FET Boost. Gain 8.51. Tone 3.91. Level 6.85.
Low Cut 79.4Hz. High Cut 1952.5Hz.
Bass -5.17dB. Mid Freq 697.3Hz. Mid 2.71dB. Treble -2.58dB
Bias 0.170. Slew Limit 6.99.
GERMANIUM. Clip Hardness 2.29. Sample Rate 33097Hz.

Saved me $5,000 :)
In the FM using the "FET Boost" I couldn't find the Clip Hardness setting, but was able to find the others and DAMN, it sounds really great!

Thanks

Never played through a real Klon. Tried a couple straight up clones and I really like my Tumnus Deluxe. I use it in front of my FM9. Maybe Cliff is open to modeling a tumnus?

Never played through a real Klon. Tried a couple straight up clones and I really like my Tumnus Deluxe. I use it in front of my FM9. Maybe Cliff is open to modeling a tumnus?
Cliff bought a Klon KTR a couple of years ago:
I just ordered a KTR. I'm not making any promises as the topology doesn't fit any of our existing topologies but I'll see what I can do.
My guess is that he concluded that the marginal benefit of a Klon model wasn't worth the investment of time/effort/NVM space relative to everything that he's added over the last two years (lots of really great stuff!). I haven't played through a real Klon myself, but I don't find myself missing my Klone a whole lot when I plug into my FM9. The Klon circuit is certainly its own thing and has a great sound, don't get me wrong, but I have yet to be unable to dial in a particular tone on my FM9 without it. Between the ability to set the amp drive/master volume controls however I want without worrying about volume and the myriad drive and boost options, I can dial in just about any overdrive sound I want. I'd probably use a KTR model if one were added, but it's not a must-have in my book.

Last edited:
Hi Stm113,

If you were here when Cliff was forced to make that decision, you'd probably understand. If I was him, I would have sent some visitors to the individual who caused all that pain, to ensure it stopped.

Thanks
Pauly

Cliff is like that, not saying it’s a bad or a good thing, I personally think it’s a bit of both. But there are some things he seems dead set against.

1- Klon
2-HM2
3-Separate Poweramp Models
4-Rockman
5-Ada MP1

There are others but these are the ones I recall most through the years.

Back
Top Bottom