Kitchen Sink Strat Clean Preset w/Shimmer

atquinn

Power User
I like building kitchen sink patches. I used the very first preset on the AX8 and built it into a preset that will do everything I need to do when it comes to basic pristine clean tones. You'll see there are a fair number of blocks, which is largely due to me using the Medium Spring reverb (I love spring reverbs when it comes to Fender cleans) on Density 2. If I had gone for a more complex reverb, I would have been severely limited in the other blocks I could use. So I guess I'm lucky that my tastes run the way they do. :)
The Wah is on Exp2 and the Mutlidelay Mix as well as a Filter frequency sweep are controlled by Exp1. The mix and filter settings are fairly subtle, but a nice touch IMO. I'm only using 2 X/Y's. One is on the Rotary; X is fast and Y is slow. The other is on the Delay X is ping pong and Y is a (half-assed) slapback. Using the rotary on slow with the multidelay is lots of fun.
Doubleverb Shimmer.gif

I'll be hopefully getting a Mission SP1 in a bit and I might add some control functions at that point, but I think the basic preset will remain the same.

Anyway, just something for folks to try out to see how they like it. Comments and suggestions are welcome.
-
Austin

Attachments

• Double Verb wShimmer.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Double Verb wShimmer2.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Uploaded a new version of the preset. Slightly lower reverb level and added a Y amp. Same Double Verb Vib model, but filthy as all get out for when the urge hits :D
-
Austin

Back
Top Bottom