Kiss using Axefx?

gmercer9

Looks like it.

u8amegym.jpg

I went backstage on 7/2 in concord and snapped a pic of Phil Collen's rack and it had an axefx2, but KISS was all ENGL.

I see 4 wireless units per rack, but unless there's more gear out of the picture I don't see any Axe-Fx units.

Fun thing in Paul's setup is, while he endorses Engl, there's a Tech 21 / Sansamp unit in there. My guess is the Engl's are used as power amps?

I'm just waiting for the the Tommy vs. Ace whirlwind to begin! :)

(FWIW Ace is great and I loved a lot of Tommy's work in Black N' Blue. I dare you to put on Autoblast in your car, crank it up, and NOT speed like a maniac. It's unpossible!)

KISS is one of those bands I was very much into when I first started playing guitar, so they'll always hold a special place in my musical memories.

I almost had an opportunity to go see them with one of my friends tomorrow night because his wife was going to back out on it, but she changed her mind and is going. It would have been fun to go for nostalgia's sake at least, but I'm glad they are getting the opportunity to go.

I was a big Kiss fan at 15 years old in 76. Saw them in 77 and a few times since. Though I think what they do is great I've never really felt they had a very identifiable guitar guitar tone after the early days with Ace (i.e. first live album). Paul's guitar always sounded kinda thin to me at Kiss concerts I attended which must be the way he plays now that I see the rig he uses.

LOL, people dissing KISS. As someone else already stated, what have any of you done that even comes close to their accomplishments? I guess some people have to talk trash about others just to make themselves feel "special". Pretty pathetic. Clue: that behavior is "SHORT BUS special", not the good kind of "special".

Ace is the reason I started playing guitar when I was 10. They were the first concert I ever went to in 77 when I was 12 years old. Gene is a marketing GENIUS, and Paul is the epitome of the "idea man" and driving force behind their continual evolution and numerous re-inventings of the band.

Who here would refuse the success they've achieved? Hmmm? Come on. Speak up.

Yeh, thought so.

/smh

On the "Tommy vs Ace" front, Tommy is carrying the torch for the Spaceman very well in my opinion. Ace will always be a personal hero of mine, but Tommy's no slouch.

The entire KISS machine is worthy of nothing but respect regardless of your personal feelings on the personnel changes over the years.

Back
Top Bottom