ConstantM

Inspired

love this song.

the clean sound is blended with a tonematch i did of my acoustic guitar to simulate the acoustic overdubs in the original song.
the driven scenes are a cameron and an atomica and the cleans are a band commander blended with a jazz chorus 120.
the scenes were auto switched as it was recorde

the preset used:

Attachments

• Summerland.fasBundle
    61 KB · Views: 41
sounds great! Ty has a pretty cool patreon if you are into kings x - he shows how to play a bunch of songs and how he sets up his guitars and gear and such. ive really been enjoying it

Love it! Great job. Killer mix, too. A lot of the guitarists who do something
similar put the guitar too far forward in the mix and drown out the vocals.

Thanks for sharing!!

sounds great! Ty has a pretty cool patreon if you are into kings x - he shows how to play a bunch of songs and how he sets up his guitars and gear and such. ive really been enjoying it
Can you post the link, please?

Last edited:

love this song.

the clean sound is blended with a tonematch i did of my acoustic guitar to simulate the acoustic overdubs in the original song.
the driven scenes are a cameron and an atomica and the cleans are a band commander blended with a jazz chorus 120.
the scenes were auto switched as it was recorde

the preset used:

Nicely done! I look forward to checking out your preset.

Last edited:
Great job! Really wish we'd get the L5 in the axe, been pushing for it since I had my ultra.
I sold my L9 about a year ago and my L3 the other day. Have never found a L5 on market that wasn't overpriced, or looked like it had been rolled out the truck.
I remember seeing an interview with Ty in the 80's (can't remember where) and he said he ran the pre of L5 through the power section of an old Marshall and he didn't specify which one.

I sold my L9 about a year ago and my L3 the other day. Have never found a L5 on market that wasn't overpriced, or looked like it had been rolled out the truck.
I remember seeing an interview with Ty in the 80's (can't remember where) and he said he ran the pre of L5 through the power section of an old Marshall and he didn't specify which one.

I got lucky, got mine for $150, i have an L5 where someone chopped off the cabinet and made it a head as well. I see them for sale every now and then. Would be a nice addition to the Axe, was also used by BB King.

I have an L5 in the shop now (for 6 months).

I also have a Pearce G1 head in excellent condition.
I've offered this up to Fractal a few times for modelling, but so far, radio silence.

Dan Pearce was involved in the development of the Lab L5 amps.
The Pearce is considered by some to be the evolution of the L5. Used back in the day by
Holdsworth, Montrose, etc.

The offer still stands and the schematics are available online.
Interesting History of Pearce (by Dan Pearce) attached.

Cliff/Fractal: Contact me if you're interested!

Attachments

• Pearce_Lab-Amps-History.pdf
    126.3 KB · Views: 7
There's a PDF document in this thread. Are you sure you downloaded the right thing?
I had a handful of .fasbundles in my Downloads that I hadn't got the chance to do anything with yet...they all suddenly turned to .pdf. I'm not sure if I hit something or what. Now any .fasbundle I have stored in my files have turned. Only the .fasbundles and not the .sxy files thankfully.
If there is any computer experts out there that can tell me how to change them back...anything to keep me from calling Dell support... :rolleyes:

I have an L5 in the shop now (for 6 months).

I also have a Pearce G1 head in excellent condition.
I've offered this up to Fractal a few times for modelling, but so far, radio silence.

Dan Pearce was involved in the development of the Lab L5 amps.
The Pearce is considered by some to be the evolution of the L5. Used back in the day by
Holdsworth, Montrose, etc.

The offer still stands and the schematics are available online.
Interesting History of Pearce (by Dan Pearce) attached.

Cliff/Fractal: Contact me if you're interested!
I still have my Pearce G1 combo that I purchased from Dan Pearce directly back in the 80's. A very versatile amp, and built like a tank.

Back
Top Bottom