King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

I saw them live last year, really great and energetic live performance. I can't help but feel that the music gets a bit stale after listening to it for 2 hours though, they fall back on a lot of the same tropes song-to-song especially with drum fills between the two drummers etc. That being said, I still like their music, just in moderation :)

This is their most infectious song...

Absolute pure shit!

Saying that if you like that music there were 1000 Australian bands that sounded like that in the 70’s

I have a buddy/former student who's deep into the microtonal stuff, primarily slow melodic pieces. Really not my cup of tea. It seems more like a math problem than a melody to me. But like any art form, it's subjective and what some folks like, others won't.

I saw them live last year, really great and energetic live performance. I can't help but feel that the music gets a bit stale after listening to it for 2 hours though, they fall back on a lot of the same tropes song-to-song especially with drum fills between the two drummers etc. That being said, I still like their music, just in moderation :)

This is their most infectious song...

That's very interesting. A girlfriend sent me a link for that song some time ago. So strange, those microtonal divisions... I remember I saw they couldn't sing those intervals they play with the guitar. I've tried, and it's like impossible.

I'll check the new album. Thanks!

It's weird, I don't find the sound of microtonal divisions unusual at all. Maybe my mind's adapted from listening to too much weird / atonal synth music, and south indian music..

Back
Top Bottom