Kinda Cool Info Regarding Strings

These strings seem very interesting. I have been obsessed with "gradual tension" sets (I have to "make" my own, nobody sells a gradual tension string set) for years, and it feels much better when playing. But these strings might revolutionize that idea...

However, I cannot find anything on the Internet about whether one can purchase these strings (and where?)...

Anyone found a lead?

I recently had Curt Mangan make some custom sets for me because I wanted something between 9s and 10s that was more balanced string to string. The B string on a set of 9s is lower in tension in the high E and the low E is lower in tension that the A. These differences have always kind of driven me nuts. I also wanted a little more tension than 9s but not as much as 10s.

What I ended up with was a set that feels amazing. The gauges I chose were 9.5, 12.5, 16.5, 25, 34, 46.

Next up will be a set for my Les Pauls which, IIRC, will be 10, 14, 17, 26, 35, 48. I've got the info in a spreadsheet on another PC.

Wondering on bends with these strings.

The E/A/D/G would change pitch/tension at the same rate, i.e. the D at least would typically become easier to bend. Compare the effort to bend a minor 3rd on your current G & D strings.

You can also get equal rates (or close) by altering the tuning scheme instead of core:wrap ratio. With a .009-.042 set try retuning E-A-D-G to F#-A-B-G, find some chords and use the bar. If a wound string changes pitch more/less than the G, tune it up (to reduce rate) or down (to increase rate) 1/2 step and try again.

recently tried "Thin Core" Boomers
Took me a bit to get used to them, usually use NYXL Balanced Tension.
Would like to try the strings in this new study, very interesting.

However, I cannot find anything on the Internet about whether one can purchase these strings (and where?)...

Anyone found a lead?
According to Mr.Kemp in the comments section for this video (dated 9/21/17) they are currently in the prototype stage of development.

Back
Top Bottom