Kinda complicated routing question - help?

tnjazz

Hi all,

Just picked up an FM3 to try to replace my aging FX8 and I’m stumped as to how to wire it into my home setup in the same manner. I’m not sure if it’s possible or not so I thought I’d post here and ask. First a little background: I want to use this primarily as fx only with my tube amps. My home setup has all my amps on an amp switch with an attenuator loop, which contains a PS2. I’m using the effects loop on the PS2 as my global loop for all my amps and the PS2 is my master volume control in the room.

There are 3 elements to my FX8 setup that I’m trying to recreate and I’ve figured out the first two, but I cannot get the 3rd one working correctly.

These seem to work ok:
1. Pre effects into the front of the amp
2. Post effects (mono) using the left channel out 2 send/returns into a PS2 that serves as my fx loop

This one I cannot figure out:
3. Line out of the PS2 back into the FM3 and then back out at line level with fx through the right out2 (send/returns) into a Torpedo Studio

With the FX8 this works like a charm because it allows me to go silent with my amps but still send the signal back out to grab the effects and send them to my Torpedo.

With the FM3 I’m getting a very low signal that’s completely dry, so it sort of works but not really.

Can anyone tell me if this can be set up to work on the FM3 and if so, how? I’m using the standard 4cm setup from the manual at the moment. I see signal on all three inputs on the unit…

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom