Kind of want more switches…

Before I bought my FC6 and FC12 I was giving serious consideration to getting a RJM. They’re impressive.

I eventually decided against it because I only needed to talk to the Fractals, not anything else with MIDI.
Yes, and that’s a super-solid choice for what you’re doing! For many people, that one to one match is exactly what they want and need, and the RJM-type stuff is overkill.

I try to be careful in my praise of Ron’s work on the RJM gear on this forum because it can be made to appear I’m dissing the FAS pedals, which I definitely am not. They’re great, and you won’t find anything more plug and play for Fractal gear than the FC pedals. It’s when your needs go beyond that, or when your eyesight might appreciate a much larger multicolor backlit or reverse screen set, that the Mastermind comes to the rescue. I’ve used it with multiple Axe Fx versions, and it’s been the perfect companion.

Before I bought my FC6 and FC12 I was giving serious consideration to getting a RJM. They’re impressive.

I eventually decided against it because I only needed to talk to the Fractals, not anything else with MIDI.
Fractal gear only for me too, but I really would like Channel Groups and Bypass Groups, or some other way to control more than on block at a time.

I'd like bigger displays too, but I haven't been willing to fork out for the later largest FC version, yet, and it's unlikely any company can keep up with my deteriorating eyesight.

Last edited:
My hesitation about the FCs is partially size and partially that the Fractal itself doesn't seem to do exactly what I want. The MIDI CC waveforms in the Morningstars do exactly what I want. And, they would obviously give a few more switches as a bonus.

I think I've sold myself on one....still trying to decide 6 or 8.

Essentially one of these....I already own the Jr.

1666287353305.png

Also for OP the mc8 (probs mc6 too) can be considered an mc16+ of sorts with pages and toggle states.
I appreciate that, and I’m sure it would work for a lot of people. I wouldn’t use it like that. At most, the layout would change with preset changes.

I just don’t like pages/layers/etc really on anything. It’s too easy for me to get confused.

Back
Top Bottom