Killswitch Engage Tone Match!

xfigox

Inspired

Tone Match attempt of KSE's End of Heartache. I double tracked the guitars, but I'm pretty sure the album one is quad tracked.

Guitar used was an Ibanez RG2550z, all stock.

Original was a wave file from:
http://soundcloud.com/gtrtracker/killswitch-the-end-of

Amp is the Recto Orange Vintage into the Ownhammer Recto Cab (no mic), theres a slight bit of room in the cab and a very short room reverb used.

EDIT: Reuploaded the patch, seems like something went wrong when exporting it.

Attachments

• Killswitch Heartache .syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
This is amazingly spot on. Is there any way that you could upload a clip of what you tone matched to, and the preset that you started with before tone matching? I'm just curious as to how close the sound was before you tone matched. Did you do it with or without a cab?

Hi i am kind of new to forum. So I imported this to my axe fx 3 using fractool but there is no sound. I checked the cab, output vol but no luck so far. I dont know what am I missing. Can anyone help?

Hi i am kind of new to forum. So I imported this to my axe fx 3 using fractool but there is no sound. I checked the cab, output vol but no luck so far. I dont know what am I missing. Can anyone help?
hey alper, several things. when I imported this with fractool, the out 1and In 1 block was zeroed out on volume and panned far left, but when corrected , still no output.
this preset was made on a firmware that is seven years old, and older presets can be problematic to convert. Also , there is an issue with the TMA block and conversion to the III, here is a link to a possible solution, but it doesn't always work..good luck....personally I think this preset is corrupt and unusable.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/importing-effect-blocks-from-axe-fx-ii.142193/#post-1795524

Last edited:
Like what brad has said, I doubt this preset works anymore. The best you could do is to tonematch this track again with the AxeFX 3, I was using a Recto Orange Vintage model on the AxeFx 2.

Back
Top Bottom