Killer bass guitarist IMHO

I'll give her credit for talent. But the Innovation part has to go to Jeff Berlin.
OK but to be honest I prefer her version. Her version is cleaner. Just my opinion, but yes, you are correct I guess. Your saying he did this first, OK. Here is Jeff Berlin, btw and imho to busy.
I do realize she is young and Jeff Berlin is renown bass player or many years....Not dissing him at all.

Last edited:
His studio version is far cleaner and better recorded. She's using the backing track from his studio version, and her version is extremely similar to his studio. This (trade show?) recording is so muddy, I can't hear the details. His version of Dixie is great too. Not dissing her either. Just saying that he did it first.

I didn't know what to make of his version at first. Still don't. It is such a sad song, born of unbearable tragedy. Jeff made it an uptempo, breezy, happy tune. It still doesn't sit quite right with me, as great as it is.

Last edited:
His studio version is far cleaner and better recorded. She's using the backing track from his studio version, and her version is extremely similar to his studio. This (trade show?) recording is so muddy, I can't hear the details. His version of Dixie is great too. Not dissing her either. Just saying that he did it first.

I didn't know what to make of his version at first. Still don't. It is such a sad song, born of unbearable tragedy. Jeff made it an uptempo, breezy, happy tune. It still doesn't sit quite right with me, as great as it is.

Yeah,, I watched some other stuff and he was great, clean as a bell. He did a cool interview dissecting the amazing Jaco's bass playing technique. Pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom