Kiesel Guitars website

fcs101

Axe-Master
Awhile back there was a post commenting on the VERY dated look of the Kiesel website. It was absolutely terrible!!! I just visited it today and WOW, what a change. If you're a Kiesel player or interested in them at all, you should take a look. They just jumped forward about two decades!

Awhile back there was a post commenting on the VERY dated look of the Kiesel website. It was absolutely terrible!!! I just visited it today and WOW, what a change. If you're a Kiesel player or interested in them at all, you should take a look. They just jumped forward about two decades!
I saw that page the other day. It does look much improved.

I noticed they have no guitars-in-stock listed yet.

I saw that page the other day. It does look much improved.

I noticed they have no guitars-in-stock listed yet.
I'm relatively new to Kiesel (just got my first this year), but I've never seen too much "in stock". I think they mostly do custom builds and I've guessed that the majority of the stocked stuff was probably returns or unpaid/abandoned items. Of course they've probably been impacted by supply chain and labor issues like many companies of late.

I see some in stock. Not a lot but some.

I'm not sure why, but I don't have a completely favorable impression of them these days. Anyone done business with them recently ish?

I played Carvins for many years, along with the X-series amps of the day. The guitars Jeff is making look very nice, and I’m glad to hear they’re getting the site looking as good.

I'm not sure why, but I don't have a completely favorable impression of them these days. Anyone done business with them recently ish?
Yes, I purchased an SH-575 from them that was delivered in June. It's awesome! I would definitely buy from them again.

You’re right, they do have a few showing in-stock now.

I’ve owned a lot of Kiesel/Carvin guitars over the years - at least 20 of them. The first was around 1985. The most-recent was this year. Some have been from their in-stock list and several were custom-ordered. I never had a bad experience with the company’s customer service or with the instruments.

You’re right, they do have a few showing in-stock now.

I’ve owned a lot of Kiesel/Carvin guitars over the years - at least 20 of them. The first was around 1985. The most-recent was this year. Some have been from their in-stock list and several were custom-ordered. I never had a bad experience with the company’s customer service or with the instruments.
Must've just updated. Weird timing. I see so many good comments about them and I'm really impressed with mine. The only consistent negative comment I've seen is the resale value isn't the best, which makes sense because you're buying a custom made instrument. I don't buy guitars with an eye for resale though.

I've owned 8 of them over the years, still own 4 of them. They always impress me with the build quality and playability. Glad to see they finally upgraded their site. It was bad!
The most recent purchase was a Delos (strat) from the last time they did a group run. I use that guitar all the time. Totally stock, it plays and sounds very nice.

No dealings with Kiiesel, but had a few Carvins back in the day. The first was back when they had Hofner suppy their necks for them. Loved the Quality/Price. Stopped dealing with them about 15 or so years ago when the guitar I ordered took about 15 weeks instead of the promised 6, and when it came the sunburst finish was about 90% black. No kidding, there was about 2" of brown in the middle of the guitar. Of course I demanded a refund.

I always did fine with resale of my Kiesels. Better than with MIM and MIK guitars.

I think they also have a new guitar builder feature on the web that is more WYSIWYG. The old one was pretty outdated.

I was thinking that the new site kinda sucks. It's difficult to navigate on phone or my desktop. They don't show any details on the specs like pickups?

I was thinking that the new site kinda sucks. It's difficult to navigate on phone or my desktop. They don't show any details on the specs like pickups?
This site is much more up-to-date than the last one. I think you have to go into the guitar builder to get details and specs. I know I was researching my guitar's scale length and that's where I found it.

Before I ordered my own I had never heard of Kiesel--I knew of Carvin, but had never played one and wasn't aware of the brand transition. Anyway, I was needing a synth access guitar and wound up there. My first impression of the previous site was very poor and made me wonder about this company I was about to do business with. Glad I did though.

It's an improvement from the old site, but the bar wasn't set very high.

That said, the builder is a clunky mess of drop downs and menus with pop-ups adding up-charges for things without explanation as to why they're needed for a finish or option you selected. I also find non-returnable wood options on the builder kind of strange. IMO - If you can't warranty or are not willing to honor your own return policy based on a top or fretboard wood, don't offer it.

Of course, the builder says beta. So shouldn't complain too much. Hopefully it gets more streamlined. Jeff kinda rubs me the wrong way, but I still want a CL7 lol.

The non-returnable wood options are a Kiesel thing, not a new builder thing. They existed before already.

I think the new site is just not complete yet. I also didn't find any info on the pickups anymore.

The non-returnable wood options are a Kiesel thing, not a new builder thing. They existed before already.

I think the new site is just not complete yet. I also didn't find any info on the pickups anymore.
I know. They didn't make sense before either. I dunno, I get that some people like having the option. To me it just screams not standing by your product. 🤷‍♂️ and yes, I have owned 3 Carvins. They're great guitars.

I know. They didn't make sense before either. I dunno, I get that some people like having the option. To me it just screams not standing by your product. 🤷‍♂️ and yes, I have owned 3 Carvins. They're great guitars.
I suspect it has to do with being a custom build. It's no different than seeing someone in a tricked out auto...they may like it, but it's not for everyone. If they took it back it may sit awhile before selling or they might have to eat a big discount.

Good points. I've also had some great Kiesel/Carvin guitars and basses - not a bad one in the bunch.

I can understand the some custom options might make a guitar non-returnable - at least from the builder's point of view. But, I think that should be reserved for things like fretboard inlays that spell-out the buyer's name or certain finish choices.

I've also seen listings on their in-stock list that say no returns. That, I don't get.

Back
Top Bottom