Kid Charlemagne analysis

Stumbled across this yesterday... Pretty cool!

Aside from the overall analysis, the breakdown of Larry Carlton's solo is great!

Came across this as well the other day. Classic song and really well explained. Watched most of his other videos as well, pretty talented guy.

That is actually pretty extraordinary ..one of the best lesson/breakdowns of one of my favorite songs of all time… Are the master tapes available or does he have amazing connections?

For my guitar lessons we have a 10 song setlist for solos we want to learn that year and another 10 for rhythm work. This was at the top of the solo list for 2017 and is a blast to play.

I think for my 2018 I’m gonna add some rhythm work from Steely Dan. The chord progressions are hot!

For my guitar lessons we have a 10 song setlist for solos we want to learn that year and another 10 for rhythm work. This was at the top of the solo list for 2017 and is a blast to play.

I think for my 2018 I’m gonna add some rhythm work from Steely Dan. The chord progressions are hot!
There's a lot going on in that music!

Back in the late '70s before the band I was in had actually started playing gigs, this was one of the songs in our repertoire. The other guitarist in the band had the solo down cold. One night, our singer invited a a friend over to rehearsal...Tim Pierce (who we all had met previously) and he brought his buddy Bobby Unser Jr. Turns out Tim also knew the solo, and he'd brought a guitar along. (Tim always had a guitar with him.) We asked him to sit in, and he and Hanz (our other guitarist) both nailed the solo note for note in unison. It was one of the most fun times I ever had listening to a living room jam session.

Back
Top Bottom