KickTags V2 labels for the MFC launching next week! (from pedalboardlabels)

ZenRigs Man

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hey all!

Man, this has been a while coming, but I'm pleased to say that we're right on the verge of launching KickTags V2! These will launch SOMETIME next week (please don't beat me up for a specific day), but I'm aiming for Monday, depending on some other bits and pieces I'm waiting for to come through...

Anyway, here's the skinny:

1. New website is complete! Jeez, what a ball-ache! Anyway, it's now much easier to navigate, with a significantly easier checkout process. I've been testing it by buying looper labels for 1p repeatedly using my wife's PayPal account last night - I was having that much fun with it (she hasn't seen her PayPal invoice yet)
  2. New sets added. As well as the Axe Edit sets (which are available as 1-piece labels with pre-printed text or our usual 2-piece versions that require separate text labels), there are some new themes available too and some updates to existing themes (humble thanks to Fractal, especially the ever-dandy Matt Picone for his help and support with the Axe Edit themed labels).
  3. The big change to existing themes is that (following feedback) we no longer have a '1-5' set of preset labels with each set. Instead, a full set now consists of 17 labels of that style, and separate 'Preset' packs (of 5 labels each) are available if you need them.
  4. Again, following feedback, we now have a Custom Text Label option for NON-GLOW text labels.
  5. V2 Surrounds are used on everything now, of course... :). Thicker and more magnetic magnets (1mm), new surface material that looks awesome and doesn't reflect too much, water-resistant and UV stable surrounds... they look lovely. We recently made a prototype set of V2 surrounds for UK Guitarist Jamie Humphries (Lick Library, We Will Rock You and Brian May's touring band) for his GCP and he's getting ready to take them on tour with Brian. There are some details of them on the new site, and more on our facebook page.
  6. Looper stickers are finalised!
  7. A pack of Text Labels for 'Scenes' (in glow and non-glow versions) is available
  8. Standard Text Labels now come in a pack of 56 (!) pre-printed labels using a much cooler and easier to read font than our original version
  9. We now have a set of our Standard Text Labels available in a Glow-in-the-dark version
  10. Control sets are now all 1-piece so even if you choose a version with Glow Labels, we stick them together with the Surround

That's all I can think of for the minute. Got some other ideas I'm working on (as always), but I think this is it for now!

I'm going to finish off outstanding orders from V1 first (for people that elected to hold on for V2) and will then add stock into the store for people to purchase stuff from some point next week.

In the meantime, the website is fully functional and accesible, so please do check it out if you have a moment - the only thing you can't do (until I add stock) is buy anything!

Thanks to all that have supported our little endeavor and also provided valuable feedback over the year; I really appreciate it. Hope you like what we've come up with :)

A few pictures are below, and the website is still pedalboardlabels.com - Kick-ass labels for Kick-ass midi controllers!!

Cheers!
Sukh

-------------

FunkyPedals.jpg

NewFractal.jpg

MFCSpaceNEW.jpg

Pasteladvert.jpg

AmpPresets.jpg

AxeEditSet1-1.jpg

AxeEditSet2.jpg

LoopeBannerFinal.jpg

ControlSetsBanner.png

Last edited:
Ah, and just for comparison, here's a shot of a V1 Surround next to a V2 Surround...

269427_379983895414077_882451344_n.jpg

And a couple of the V2s we made for Jamie Humphries

384190_379983842080749_1272229303_n.jpg

Just curious....the website mentions that the glow labels are not waterproof like the others. What exactly will happen to them if they get wet ?

Thanks,
RVM

Just curious....the website mentions that the glow labels are not waterproof like the others. What exactly will happen to them if they get wet ?

Thanks,
RVM

Hey there and thanks for your question.

The answer is simple - they will smudge! Waterproofing them works, but has the side effect of significantly reducing their ability to absorb light and therefore glow. Out of the many sets we've sold over the past 18 months or so, I know of only a very few instances where this has happened by accident and, in each case, I've replaced the smudged label free of charge. They've been taken around the world on tour by several of our customers and come back in one piece, and are being used in bars and clubs all over the place and holding up fine, so as long as you treat them with the same care you'd show your board, you'll be ok. For what it's worth, some of the glow labels on my own board have been there for nearly 2 years and are still going (and I'm a pub/club gigger)!

For anyone using their board somewhere it will be getting wet, I'd suspect that getting your labels moist will be the least of your worries! :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Hey there and thanks for your question.

The answer is simple - they will smudge! Waterproofing them works, but has the side effect of significantly reducing their ability to absorb light and therefore glow. Out of the many sets we've sold over the past 18 months or so, I know of only a very few instances where this has happened by accident and, in each case, I've replaced the smudged label free of charge. They've been taken around the world on tour by several of our customers and come back in one piece, and are being used in bars and clubs all over the place and holding up fine, so as long as you treat them with the same care you'd show your board, you'll be ok. For what it's worth, some of the glow labels on my own board have been there for nearly 2 years and are still going (and I'm a pub/club gigger)!

For anyone using their board somewhere it will be getting wet, I'd suspect that getting your labels moist will be the least of your worries! :)

Cheers

Hey thanks for the reply ! I guess I should have worded my question a little better than I did, as it wasn't really geared towards the labels getting wet while playing, but rather about what would happen when lets say, it came time to wipe down the board with a damp cloth ?

Regardless, your labels look pretty cool, and I'm anxious for the site to start taking orders, as I should have an MFC out for delivery tomorrow !!

Thanks,
RVM

Sukh,

Is it possible to order mixed themes but maintain the total set number? I'm looking at the option to mix some pastel, Funky and space labels.

Last edited:
Sukh, these look great! I'd also like to be able to mix and match... hopefully that will work w/ your business model and inventories. Did you discontinue the Old School and shaped pedals? Too bad, some of those were cool. Thanks!

Hey there, apologies for the late reply...

I see where you're coming from dude. Personally, I wipe the board down with the labels off as I can clean it better and it only takes a second to take stuff off and plop it back on again. Congrats on the MFC - ridiculously cool piece of kit.

Thanks!
Sukh

Hey thanks for the reply ! I guess I should have worded my question a little better than I did, as it wasn't really geared towards the labels getting wet while playing, but rather about what would happen when lets say, it came time to wipe down the board with a damp cloth ?

Regardless, your labels look pretty cool, and I'm anxious for the site to start taking orders, as I should have an MFC out for delivery tomorrow !!

Thanks,
RVM

Last edited:
Hey mate, sorry for the late reply - had to take a couple of days out to attend to a personal matter.

I'm intending to put individual surrounds up in the store at some point to enable people to 'mix and match', but it takes time to put every one of them up as a product, so I've put this off until later. However, if you wanted to do something, drop me a mail and let me know what you're thinking and I'll take care of you.

Cheers!
Sukh (the-dudes@pedalboardlabels.com)

Sukh,

Is it possible to order mixed themes but maintain the total set number? I'm looking at the option to mix some pastel, Funky and space labels.

Still offering single-pieced, all-black labels with glow-in-the-dark text backgrounds?

Hey brother! Yep, I can do that too - pretty much anything is possible, just depends on the practicality of me doing it and the the time required. If you drop me a mail, we can chat and I'll work it out for you, no problem.

Apologies for the late reply - been out of touch for a couple of days.

Cheers!
Sukh

Sukh, these look great! I'd also like to be able to mix and match... hopefully that will work w/ your business model and inventories. Did you discontinue the Old School and shaped pedals? Too bad, some of those were cool. Thanks!

Hey brother! Thanks so much for your kind words. And yes, I can do that for you (within reason!). I'll have individual surrounds from some sets up in the store soon-ish to enable people to do this for themselves, but in the meantime we can work it out over emails. For the record, I think mix and match is an awesome idea (I mix my own surrounds up), but it is a slight pain in the testicle to do, as you can imagine!

As for Old School - to be honest, I simply haven't had the time to put them up in the store. Every set has had to be 're-done' to fit within a new template and I haven't gotten round to that set yet... just needed to get something done and get running again. Having said that, I'll do my best to get them done before we re-open for orders.

As for some of the groovy shape labels (like Whammy, which is my personal favourite!), yes, they're getting re-done but haven't been yet for the same reason. Will get these up in the store as individual labels as soon as I can (with some changes/additions).

Hope to hear from you soon,
Sukh

Last edited:
Hey mate, sorry for the late reply - had to take a couple of days out to attend to a personal matter.

I'm intending to put individual surrounds up in the store at some point to enable people to 'mix and match', but it takes time to put every one of them up as a product, so I've put this off until later. However, if you wanted to do something, drop me a mail and let me know what you're thinking and I'll take care of you.

Cheers!
Sukh (the-dudes@pedalboardlabels.com)

Great!

Back
Top Bottom