KickTags - Glow in the dark Modular Labelling System - released next week!

Just got my KickTags from across the pond.

Put them on and very happy so far!

Here are the before and after pics.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 45
Got mine today, went with the single window write on ones. I am still a newbie when it comes to the Axe so cannot decide what i want on printed labels yet. When i have sussed it all out i will be back for some more. Anyway i think they look cool, simple, sleek and dark.

IMG_1281.jpg

Just got mine today here in the states! I have to say these are the best of the best. Major upgrade from Sukh's previous kicktags. The previous one I had the problem where the labels started to peel. These I can say, won't peel. Very happy customer! Packaging was on point! Hands down the most appealing straight forward design on the market! It just works! Thanks again to the one man operation Sukh for these! Oh!!! Almost forgot the most important thing in the package was a lollipop!! Haha Thanks again! cy

image1.JPG image2.JPG

Just got mine today here in the states! I have to say these are the best of the best. Major upgrade from Sukh's previous kicktags. The previous one I had the problem where the labels started to peel. These I can say, won't peel. Very happy customer! Packaging was on point! Hands down the most appealing straight forward design on the market! It just works! Thanks again to the one man operation Sukh for these! Oh!!! Almost forgot the most important thing in the package was a lollipop!! Haha Thanks again! cy

View attachment 28450 View attachment 28451
Thank you brother Cy - your board looks ACE!

How do you like the Tile concept? I swap mine around a lot as my setup changes...

My kicktags just arrived in the US just the other day. I had put off getting a nice set of labels for my MFC because I wasn't sure how stable my choices would be for the various buttons and wanted to keep my options open. Didn't want to feel like I couldn't change things up just because I spent $$$ on some cool set of labels. Since I got the MFC I had just been using marking tape and it's looked pretty lame. Considering how much I spent on an Axe-Fx & MFC, seemed kind of dumb to junk it up with just hand written tape! To the rescue comes Sukh with these AWESOME modular kicktags. The best of both worlds. Great looking labels and dead easy to change things up and customize as you change things up. The glow-in-the-dark is an added bonus, and will work great for low light situations. Gone is the marking tape and on with the kicktags...just an awesome piece of kit! Highly recommend them and well worth the price for the flexibility the provide.

For starters I kept it pretty clean & simple...but think I want to add more dual window surrounds to spice it up a bit. :)

kicktags.jpg

Last edited:
My kicktags just arrived in the US just the other day. I had put off getting a nice set of labels for my MFC because I wasn't sure how stable my choices would be for the various buttons and wanted to keep my options open. Didn't want to feel like I couldn't change things up just because I spent $$$ on some cool set of labels. Since I got the MFC I had just been using marking tape and it's looked pretty lame. Considering how much I spent on an Axe-Fx & MFC, seemed kind of dumb to junk it up with just hand written tape! To the rescue comes Sukh with these AWESOME modular kicktags. The best of both worlds. Great looking labels and dead easy to change things up and customize as you change things up. The glow-in-the-dark is an added bonus, and will work great for low light situations. Gone is the marking tape and on with the kicktags...just an awesome piece of kit! Highly recommend them and well worth the price for the flexibility the provide.

For starters I kept it pretty clean & simple...but think I want to add more dual window surrounds to spice it up a bit. :)

View attachment 28469

Very similar to my experience!

Just got my Kicktags over the weekend and figured I'd drop a line here. I've always been obsessive about having my board labelled - I had even designed my own labels before the MFC was available, but never ended up using them due to the logistics of making them durable and sticky. I snatched up the first gen Kicktags and loved the way they looked, plus I never had any issues with them sticking. My main problem was the bottom surrounds ended up getting mangled a bit.

I ended up trying to order the Kicktag Pros but the demand was so high I could never get my foot in the door. I missed the clearance sale because I had to make the important decision to go to a King's X concert instead :D So I was pretty stoked to see these things come to life and I ordered them right away.

So far I'm loving the way they look, everything is clean, easy to customize, and most importantly they're THICK. I don't think I'll end up destroying the bottom row of surrounds this time around, but I ordered a few extras just to be safe.

I can only think of 2 improvements I'd make:

1) It would be cool to have surrounds with the looper functions printed on them, so you could still use the tile window for a graphic or color. I really like to group my delays, modulations, drives, etc. by colors, so my OCD nature is somewhat offended by not being able to color code the chorus or delay labels :p

2) Some more tile graphics would be cool, I've become quite attached to the Axe Edit graphics.

Here are the before/after pics (this may look like an ad for vacuum cleaners and Mission equipment, but I promise it's about the Kicktags!) Another happy customer here!

MFCold.jpg MFCnew.jpg

Just got my Kicktags over the weekend and figured I'd drop a line here. I've always been obsessive about having my board labelled - I had even designed my own labels before the MFC was available, but never ended up using them due to the logistics of making them durable and sticky. I snatched up the first gen Kicktags and loved the way they looked, plus I never had any issues with them sticking. My main problem was the bottom surrounds ended up getting mangled a bit.

I ended up trying to order the Kicktag Pros but the demand was so high I could never get my foot in the door. I missed the clearance sale because I had to make the important decision to go to a King's X concert instead :D So I was pretty stoked to see these things come to life and I ordered them right away.

So far I'm loving the way they look, everything is clean, easy to customize, and most importantly they're THICK. I don't think I'll end up destroying the bottom row of surrounds this time around, but I ordered a few extras just to be safe.

I can only think of 2 improvements I'd make:

1) It would be cool to have surrounds with the looper functions printed on them, so you could still use the tile window for a graphic or color. I really like to group my delays, modulations, drives, etc. by colors, so my OCD nature is somewhat offended by not being able to color code the chorus or delay labels :p

2) Some more tile graphics would be cool, I've become quite attached to the Axe Edit graphics.

Here are the before/after pics (this may look like an ad for vacuum cleaners and Mission equipment, but I promise it's about the Kicktags!) Another happy customer here!

View attachment 28540 View attachment 28539

Hey mate - thanks so much for the review and the 'before and after' pics - wonderful!

Just wanted to get back to you on your 2 suggestions:

1. Re looper graphics: That's an easy one (and this is actually what I do...) - you put the looper Tiles ABOVE the Surround, so it sits flush against the edge of the Surround. I like to use coloured Tiles to group my effects too (we should start an OCD club - we could call it OCDC - great name for a band too!), and label my looper functions in this way. As the Tiles have Neo magnets in the back, they will stay put (although I would take them off before transporting to a gig in a case and put them back on when you get there, or they may slide out of place).

2. Axe Edit graphics - yeah! I actually have a full set of Axe Edit Tiles designed, and intended to have them available at launch. However, I wasn't happy with the way the colours came out on the prototypes and am going to tweak them... coming very soon :)

Here are the pics of the work-in-progress Tiles...

Axe%20Edit%20Set%201_zpsbuxsnzz2.jpg

Axe%20Edit%20Set%202_zps4xp6oks8.jpg

I woke up this morning wondering if you could make a solid row of these as one piece with the interchangable little modules and labels. First I thought about one whole sheet but realized the rows stairstep. I think they would work great but the only bad thing I thought was the look of separation so as to be like stomp pedals which I suppose lines could be printed in between each. Just a thought, maybe good and maybe not!

I woke up this morning wondering if you could make a solid row of these as one piece with the interchangable little modules and labels. First I thought about one whole sheet but realized the rows stairstep. I think they would work great but the only bad thing I thought was the look of separation so as to be like stomp pedals which I suppose lines could be printed in between each. Just a thought, maybe good and maybe not!
3 long ones and 1 short one.....boom! They would stay nice and straight and stick like a mother.

3 long ones and 1 short one.....boom! They would stay nice and straight and stick like a mother.

Good morning!

Nice ideas chaps... Belive it or not, I've been through this thought process, actually made some just like this and tried them in the past. In fact, I had made and sold them originally for the GCP in this way, but there was one fundamental flaw... It makes it an absolute pain in the gonad if you want to swap a single label out, as you have to lift the whole strip, which then invariably knocks everything out of place, meaning you have to pick up and reposition all the text labels in the row. However, this way this WOULD work would be for one-piece labels, and I'll be making them this way for the RAC12, when I get those ready soon.

CE3518F6-82E3-466D-B4C3-0A6807B90D18_zpsh2zygwvp.jpg

At the time, as my old designs used colour surrounds and had crazy pedal designs etc, it made it more impractical as you were then stuck with whatever design was on each part of a surround. For this reason (as well as reasons of adhesion as I used weaker magnets), I ended up making the GCP ones 2 switches wide to give a little more flexibility in design choices for the user. However... another problem became apparent. If any switches were slightly differently spaced on any given board or if one board had different nut sizes (that's even happened with the MFC), then the switch holes in the surrounds wouldn't line up or fit properly. Last potential issue at the time was material. As they were printed tops, made of flexible stuff, if anything scuffed, ripped or got mashed up in any way, you'd have to replace the whole strip.

Now, having said all that, I am ALWAYS tinkering :)

Maybe someone who has received the new labels can chime in on the point of 'sticking' these days. As I now use neo mags in the surrounds etc, the new labels stick like a mother, her sister and several of her aunties having a family pile-on!

Cheers! Sukh

My thought is that a single "surround" per row would work well with the modular system, but the single big win I see is just around the OCD-ness of wanting them all lined up ;)

The new ones stick very well, but the still move around a bit from stepping on the buttons... I would think that far less likely with one big surround and multiple magnets working in conjunction.

But your list of issues also makes sense!

My thought is that a single "surround" per row would work well with the modular system, but the single big win I see is just around the OCD-ness of wanting them all lined up ;)

The new ones stick very well, but the still move around a bit from stepping on the buttons... I would think that far less likely with one big surround and multiple magnets working in conjunction.

But your list of issues also makes sense!

What my touring artist friends do (those that want the surrounds to absolutely not move a millimetre) is put a little double sided tape on the back of each one, and that prevents any movement whatsoever.

Steve Vai, on the other hand, just goes for it, doesn't use any tape on the back at all, mashes the hell out of his MFC night after night on tour and then just rearranges / realigns his labels before each gig (probably not Steve actually, more likely Thomas!). In fact, before the flexibility of the magnetic labels he has from me now, he used to have his labels STUCK onto his board with some really nasty adhesive. I had a lot of fun scraping the gunk off his MFC right before a show here in London a couple of years back using a blade and lighter fluid. Crazy memories from that night!!!

photo1-1.jpg

What my touring artist friends do (those that want the surrounds to absolutely not move a millimetre) is put a little double sided tape on the back of each one, and that prevents any movement whatsoever.

Steve Vai, on the other hand, just goes for it, doesn't use any tape on the back at all, mashes the hell out of his MFC night after night on tour and then just rearranges / realigns his labels before each gig (probably not Steve actually, more likely Thomas!). In fact, before the flexibility of the magnetic labels he has from me now, he used to have his labels STUCK onto his board with some really nasty adhesive. I had a lot of fun scraping the gunk off his MFC right before a show here in London a couple of years back using a blade and lighter fluid. Crazy memories from that night!!!

photo1-1.jpg
I remember reading your post about that!

Maybe I'm not typical, but my layout has only changed once in 3 years. When 'Scenes" were introduced. I still don't have any labels on my MFC. The only time I miss not having them is when the stage goes dark.

Finally got mines!
I already did some business with the lovely Sukh
And as always, everything got smooth

Fantastic glow labels, I was kind of afraid because I m not using á fractal mfc controller, but á BJ device and an axess electronic

Everything works fine, it S a Genius idea and I just bought a dozen for my BJ but now I ll buy more than 30-35 for my axess
Don't hesitate it really worth the money, it's Just insane in the darkness of the stages!

Thanks again bro!
Cheers from France !!

Back
Top Bottom