"KickAshe Licks" - Sean Ashe

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey everyone, I've started a new series on youtube called "KickAshe Licks" where I'll be showing a lick each week, breaking it down, and providing a tab and other information.

I hope you enjoy them and find a way to use the licks or their concepts in your playing.

Episode 1: Tapped Arpeggio Sequence in C

This week we have a string skipping arpeggio sequence in the Key of C. We're playing through a CM7 - Dm7 - G7 - CM7 Chord progression and then resolving on a cool octave artificial harmonic.

TAB: KickAshe Licks - Episode 1 - Tapped Arpeggio Sequence.pdf

Also the patch can be found on Axechange under "thick Boogie"

Episode 2: Quaylian Legato Lick in C

Welcome to episode 2 of 'KickAshe Licks'! This week we have a legato lick in the key of C. This is inspired by the legato playing of guitar master Tom Quayle, hence the name "Quaylian Legato" ;) Be sure to check out his channel at youtube.com/tq105

TAB: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?namm3qr36jnc0cl

Episode 3: Intervalic Pentatonic Sequence

This week we have a lick in the key of E Minor, that is based around the shapes of pentatonic. You can take this concept of moving within boxes, and apply it to other scales and positions. TAB: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?011ibpbr23aga1o

Last edited:
Thanks guys :) every week I'll update the first post with the most recent video, which I hope is cool with all you forum-ers \m/

Great stuff, Sean, keep up the good work and good luck with your brand new YT series! I love the vignette, the tone and the playing. The title is very catchy... Get your mascot, Morgan, in there too - and it'll be perfect! :)

I'm looking to improve my playing and try all sorts of new things - I'm quite average at best. This kind of thing is ideal for me, thanks for taking the time!

I have a feeling I read somewhere that you can't edit the original post after a certain amount of time. I could be wrong, but worth checking, if you're planning on updating this thread.

I'm looking to improve my playing and try all sorts of new things - I'm quite average at best. This kind of thing is ideal for me, thanks for taking the time!

I have a feeling I read somewhere that you can't edit the original post after a certain amount of time. I could be wrong, but worth checking, if you're planning on updating this thread.

Awesome, and I'm sure you're fine :) If I can't edit the original post, I'll just post in the thread again, so hopefully it doesn't get lost. I'm glad you enjoyed it man!

Nice Sean- you've got some serious chops and obviously put in the time working them up so it's always beneficial to learn something from guys like yourself. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Back
Top Bottom