Keyboards with no keyboard player

Will stipulate. If you wanna get weird, go hard. All I'm trying to say is if your task is to do the keyboards on the guitar you have to fight your muscle memory a bit.
Totally agree... There's a technique adjustment required just to cleanly play with the synth, and another set of them if you want to be convincing as a keyboard.

I already do a lot of playing "pianistic" chords with fingers when playing guitar, anyway, so not a big stretch for me.

But, yeah, strumming, or playing chords with a pick, isn't going to going to sound right.

I'm just looking for a more compact lightweight solution and the technology seems to be light years better than when I started over 15 years ago. Here's an example - Billy the Kidd where I do Horns, Strings and the Harmonica (some have pitch bend some don't , some hold sustain some don't). This may be a solution but I think I would have an all computer solution (including guitar sounds) and the hardware based (though the sounds with MG2 are WAY better than the GR55.

Back
Top Bottom