Keyboards in your studio?

Arturia Keylab 88
M-Audio Axiom 61
Roli Seaboard Rise 25
Keith McMillen 12 step

Using them for VSTi's in Cubase for recording and MainStage for playing live.

I just dabble with keyboards but I have an Alesis VI 49 controller that I use with a Roland JV-2080 and D-05 (Which I also have the accompanying K25M keyboard for). I use a bunch of VST instruments in my DAW (Mixcraft 9 Studio) and on my iPad. I also got a Fishman Tripleplay Wireless for Christmas that I'm just starting to experiment with.

I have a Roland Fantom X8. Weighted action and has some pretty descent sounds on it's own but, I use mostly plugins these days...and that freakin Fantom weighs about as much as a small car.

Roland V-Synth GT and A-49 MIDI Keyboard+Roland Integra-7. I use a Roland SonicCell to supplement a GR-30. I still have an Ensoniq SD-1 and EMu sampler but they don't seem to speak the current MIDI language very well.

If rack-mount vintage synths triggered by MIDI guitar count, then... Korg Triton, + Roland JV880 U220, D110, + Korg TX81Z, Korg Symphony.

Midi Guitar 2, my iPad and whatever guitar I feel like plugging in :)

I use the built-in sounds in MG2 plus Synth One, FM Player 2 or other free synth apps for iPad.

I've also used an iPad "keyboard" to record to little "sweetener" parts on my band's recordings in the past. I'm not a keyboardist ;)

Still have old school synth modules, but recently bought an Akai MPK249.
I use it to trigger synth sounds on an external drive.
Mostly Logic samples, since the library and synth types is massive.
Im looking to explore Native Instruments add ons next

I've owned quite a few key brains in my day starting from 05rw to jv1010 to emu sampler and such but not much of a keyboardist. Nowadays I have a korg tactile and an akai mpd which are both solid controllers.

kontakt is my suggestion afa vsti. It's a sampler and it has the best everything of anything I've tried. drums, piano, standup bass, mandolin, trumpets... and tons of synths. all world class realism.

KORG MPK-130 under my feet. Don't give up playing guitar while you play pads!!! :cool:
With software like Cthulhu you can arrange amazing chord progressions triggered from single notes
01.jpg

Plus Guitar-to-MIDI (Jam Origin and Boss SY-1000)

I have a large M-Audio MIDI Controller hidden somewhere, but no space to use it at my condo

If you all like Diva Repro.... spot one SCI Pro One and Prophet 5, and way lighter on CPU. Diva is awesome for those classic poly synths but it’s kind of the sound of the 70’s while Repro is straight up 80s synth pop, industrial etc. Cevin Key Skinny Puppy, Vince Clarke Yazoo etc, love it.

Akai MPK 61 to control various soft-synths. I don't know that i'd ever own a hardware synth/keyboard again

Akai MPK 61 to control various soft-synths. I don't know that i'd ever own a hardware synth/keyboard again

I used to say that but then bought a Behringer Model D, and then that was a gateway to the TD3, and Pro1, and I’m really tempted by the Odysessy but want to wait for the 2600 price..... darn thing was an analog hardware gateway drug

I have an economic but full sized yamaha synth keyboard that I can use as a midi controller but I use mostly my akai lpk25 which is enough for rythm or melodies :)
I use a surface pro 3 for recording now, so the lightest the best !

Back
Top Bottom