Key: F#minor, tempo: 60bpm

Andee,

Normally, I'm not much for experimental rock guitar music, but your work has been consistently awesome! It never feels over-indulgent, but feels like a song, and a unique one at that!

If you want to make a strong name for yourself in music, I believe there will be a solid place for you among some pretty heavy hitters. I think you are much better than many of the new guys coming on the scene.

Andee,

Normally, I'm not much for experimental rock guitar music, but your work has been consistently awesome! It never feels over-indulgent, but feels like a song, and a unique one at that!

If you want to make a strong name for yourself in music, I believe there will be a solid place for you among some pretty heavy hitters. I think you are much better than many of the new guys coming on the scene.

that's high praise, thank you! although i really am not trying to compete in the Guitar Olympics. the Sheer Velocity/instrumental avenue is just something i dabble in for my own enjoyment and desire to stretch on the instrument. it allows me to drain off the more odd and self-indulgent tendencies and ideas rattling around in my brain. but my main passion is songwriting (Black Sugar Transmission). guitar is really just a tool in the bigger picture of music-making.

also, i'll be going back out on tour with Peter Murphy starting in May, so maybe i'll see you out there!

Andy - wow, just wow!!!

I couldn't play 10% of that. I loved everything you did, and the use of the effects was stellar!

Damn ... every time I se a new Blacksugar vid. my hands get sweaty - just can't push the Play button because I KNOW that I will wet my pants in envy. And of course I do it and get the shere joy of listening.

Andee, would you mind divulging how you created the patch you are using at 1:35 to 1:48, it sort of sounds like a reel to reel being unplugged and slowing down. Reminds me of the end of Van Halen's "Everybody Wants Some".

Thanks

Andee, would you mind divulging how you created the patch you are using at 1:35 to 1:48, it sort of sounds like a reel to reel being unplugged and slowing down. Reminds me of the end of Van Halen's "Everybody Wants Some".

Thanks

yeah that was an AFX2 preset (223 i think) with some heavy modulation via my Eventide Pitchfactor...and i did the divebombs with a Boss Super Shifter. hope that answers your Q!

Back
Top Bottom