Key Changes Using Layout

bread

Power User
Is it possible to use a layout dedicated to changing the key of a global pitch block for harmonies etc.

So I can change layout hit "Key C" and then go back to my preset in my main layout and the Key of the pitch block is set to C for all of that preset please ?
Or is there an easier way of doing this without copying a preset 7 times for each Key.

Thanks

Look into attaching a modifier/switch to, and read up about, the 'Learn' parameter. It might do what you need??

Is it possible to use a layout dedicated to changing the key of a global pitch block for harmonies etc.

So I can change layout hit "Key C" and then go back to my preset in my main layout and the Key of the pitch block is set to C for all of that preset please ?
Or is there an easier way of doing this without copying a preset 7 times for each Key.

Thanks
what do you mean by "change Layout"? what exactly is changing? preset?

The selected key is a block parameter, so there's no way to globally change that parameter across more than one preset at once.

I think Moke's suggestion of the learn parameter is the way to go. Right now, there's no way to select a specific parameter value via a modifier except through scene controllers. You could use the 8 scenes to select between 8 keys, but the learn approach is more flexible. You could also in theory use an expression pedal to select the key, but it would be hard to do accurately since each value would take up only 1/12th of your pedal's travel.

Are you going to want to change keys while you're playing? If not, your best bet is to maybe have 12 copies of that preset. One for each key with the name amended to indicate the key. Then select whichever one you want from your FC pedal while on a preset layout.

Back
Top Bottom