Key change in pitch

For the Dm-C-Bb sliding licks to harmonize properly you need a 6-note custom scale for each chord: the notes of the triad, plus the same quality triad a half or whole step below. (Whole step will prevent a possibly weird-sounding interval if you slide one fret too far on one note, but otherwise functions the same.) So that would be one scale/channel for the Dm chord, and another for C, which can also cover Bb with a modifier on key. (Custom shift mode could save a channel here with 2 scales and voice level modifiers, but isn't required.) Scale during the A7 should be D melodic minor.

To get reasonably close for the rest of it you'd also need to switch the interval from 3rd to 4th in a few spots, plus a 6th at the end (D melodic minor again). There's a D Aeolian bit too (after sliding licks) but that can be covered on the initial channel with modified key e.g. C Ionian -> F Ionian.

For the Dm-C-Bb sliding licks to harmonize properly you need a 6-note custom scale for each chord: the notes of the triad, plus the same quality triad a half or whole step below. (Whole step will prevent a possibly weird-sounding interval if you slide one fret too far on one note, but otherwise functions the same.) So that would be one scale/channel for the Dm chord, and another for C, which can also cover Bb with a modifier on key. (Custom shift mode could save a channel here with 2 scales and voice level modifiers, but isn't required.) Scale during the A7 should be D melodic minor.

To get reasonably close for the rest of it you'd also need to switch the interval from 3rd to 4th in a few spots, plus a 6th at the end (D melodic minor again). There's a D Aeolian bit too (after sliding licks) but that can be covered on the initial channel with modified key e.g. C Ionian -> F Ionian.
Hi Bakerman. Much appreciated.
So the Dm part I am playing D-F-A-D-F (arp) so would my custom scale need to be D-Db-F-E-A-Ab.
and for C, C-B-E-Eb-G-Gb- etc etc...

Hi how could I d this...I select custom scale and 6 notes but the actual notes I need for each chord are not available?

Thanks everyone for the help and advice…I managed to successfully figure it out with your help…though the custom scale being the most confusing and unintuitive was more luck than anything…and it still does not make sense. 🤷‍♂️

…what about using pitch blocks on ABCD across 4 scenes each one set to a different key…would that work?
This is how I do it, though via Pitch Block channels vs Scenes, works well, different scales and/or keys etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom