Ken Andrews: Mining for thunder

Unfortunately, I'll be using the FM3 (when it comes someday) which if I read right, can only use one cab block. Still a great bit of info on bass tones which I appreciate.

Unfortunately, I'll be using the FM3 (when it comes someday) which if I read right, can only use one cab block. Still a great bit of info on bass tones which I appreciate.
There's only one cab block in his preset so you'll be fine there. You'll have to roll without one of the IRs. He uses three, the FM3 supports two. Just try combinations of them until you like what you hear. It's subtle differences.

Otherwise everything he shows you in this video translates perfectly to the FM3.

I threw a chorus and flanger in front on the amp in my preset for more fun and some Cure-like rock tones.

There's only one cab block in his preset so you'll be fine there. You'll have to roll without one of the IRs. He uses three, the FM3 supports two. Just try combinations of them until you like what you hear. It's subtle differences.

Otherwise everything he shows you in this video translates perfectly to the FM3.

I threw a chorus and flanger in front on the amp in my preset for more fun and some Cure-like rock tones.

Awesome. I don't plan on seeing my name come up for the FM3 anytime soon. But can't wait to dig into this when it does. With my AX8 I had a really good flanger preset I would occasionally use, so it will be great to get back to a Fractal unit.

Back
Top Bottom