BeeThousand

Shot in the dark, but a while back Failure were selling some of their AXE FX II presets on one of their Kickstarter campaigns. Of course, I did not see that until it was long over with.

Anyone have any of these or know of a way for me to get them? Been looking for ages to buy them, but it's a dead end. I've checked out some random user presets I found online to see if they were even close to a starting point, but none of them were really quite right to my ears.

I converted from a giant pedal board and amps to Fractal because I wanted EVERY ONE OF THOSE TONES. I'm just fine building my own sounds (because someone will no doubt want to add that I should just use my ears :) but really I'm just very curious to see what their methods were. Which amps did they get those sounds with... stuff like that.

Hey, thanks in advance if you know what I'm talking about.

I'm right there with you. I thought (too late) about contacting the buyer of the unit but couldn't find the auction info. Ken Andrews is a really nice guy, have you tried messaging him on facebook to see if they kept backups of the presets?

I messaged him maybe 6 or 8 months ago on his website to see if there was a way to purchase them, but never heard back. Not unexpected, dude is busy.
I’m just hoping that they surface at some point.

Went to the Failure/Swervedriver show the other night. Asked the merch person half jokingly if she could run backstage and see if either one of those dudes would sell me their AXE II presets. She had not the slightest idea of what I was asking. It was kind of funny I guess. And I wasn't about to be "that guy" and try to track them down after the show. Wish I was that guy though. I might be sitting here right now pulling their rigs apart instead of posting on this thread. Good times.

Yeah, we gotta find his AxeFX II presets (if he's cool with sharing that is). I love their tones and it'd be great to get to play with it already packaged. I'm pretty confident he's got a backup somewhere he could share via dropbox or something. Heck, he could make a buck or two selling USB keys loaded with them on tour :)

They were selling their presets a few years ago on Pledge. I think they were asking $300 for 10 or something like that...I believe they were the Axe-Fx II presets they used on The Heart is a Monster..

Yeah. I’d pay for the presets no questions asked. Greg’s too. His guitar sounds are so good.
I missed the boat on those 10 presets from the Kickstarter thing, sadly.

Hey, maybe Ken or Greg will see this and throw us a bone.

Yeah. I’d pay for the presets no questions asked. Greg’s too. His guitar sounds are so good.
I missed the boat on those 10 presets from the Kickstarter thing, sadly.

Hey, maybe Ken or Greg will see this and throw us a bone.

Ken has responded to me everytime I've messaged him. He likes to talk about gear, recording etc ..

Back
Top Bottom