Kemper user here who just got an FM3 - blown away

I am interested in hearing your experience with the Paw. I have had my eye on that since it came out. Only single channel though which is why I hesitate.
honestly, I only really use it for the power amp, which is a waste. The pre amp just is ok but you have to fiddle with the IR files to get a nice big sound with the little speakers. When I plugged into a Stereo 2x12 it pushed very hard and took pedals well. It doesn't sound like the BADCAT amps in Fm3 or AXE3. More of a plain Fender sound. 2nd channel should be in there for what it cost. I don't know anyone that got one either due to price point maybe and that it does the same thing as a Spark amp.

Just killing time, reading down through these comments...this is better/no this is better...why don't we just pick what you like and go play it? I'm 58, I've been playing since 1976 and at this point I do not need my walls to look like That Pedal Show or Rack Show. FM3 is close enough for me AND I can actually see the floor in my space.
I will say this though...I watch people like Dave Freidman and other amp builders kind of knock Fractal (and the rest) BUT I'll bet my life savings and 401K on the fact that if Fractal had done the FM3 with all these amps and did not include one Freidman model Dave would've went postal. He's not the only one either. "Don't call my baby ugly" is highly motivating.
Put together a Synergy system with two modules/amp/speakers...then add in effects, total it up and show the wife..."Yes dear, you was right the FM3/FC6/(2) EV's/Mission Gemini II was a helluva bargain!"

Just killing time, reading down through these comments...this is better/no this is better..is close enough for me

I compared the two units because I was blown away by the Fm3...as I mentioned I didn't expect such a huge difference in tones, the convenience, the feel, the harmonics etc compared to the profiler...and the more I dig in the more mpressed I am 😅. And all that pre-Cygnus lol.

I compared the two units because I was blown away by the Fm3...as I mentioned I didn't expect such a huge difference in tones, the convenience, the feel, the harmonics etc compared to the profiler...and the more I dig in the more mpressed I am 😅. And all that pre-Cygnus lol.
My problem is getting lost in the sauce with all the goodies to tweak on! At some point I need to take my own advice, pick a preset/amp and just play!

On a personal note, I would have chosen Xanadu as the name of the new firmware. Xanadu is in my top 10 songs of all time and morbidly, is on my deathbed soundrack, along with Dogs (Pink Floyd), Supper's Ready/Firth of 5th (Seconds Out Phil versions), Blood on the Rooftops, Tarkus, Karn Evil 9, One for the Vine, To Be Over, Heart of the Sunrise (Yessongs) and finally, assuming I'm still conscious, my Ad Infinitum CD, capped off with Side 2 of Abbey Road). Of course, if still alive and kicking, then Bohemian Rhapsody, Stairway, Kashmir, Hotel California (yeah, I know), Gimme Shelter, Daniel, Won't Get Fooled Again, I've Been Searching so Long, Baker Street, Blinded by the Light (Manfred Mann), Carry on Wayward Son, then some Boston (Side 1), Def Leppard (Highn Dry), Little Guitars, Eruption, and several 70's pop songs.

Love and Music - the top two of human existence in this simulation or whatever the hell we are living in.
Sounds like you are going to live forever! "Hold on God, I think this my favorite song coming up next...no, I promise I'll be there in a second!"

Long time Kemper user here and Fractal stuff as well. I just bought a FM3 and my reaction is like yours: I'm blown away!! I finally got my mids back!!! Whatever profiles I would use, there was always this low mids congestion or weird compression going on, a kind of signature sound. You don't get this with the FM3. Every amp model has his own unique character. The feel of both unique is great and similar.The FM3 effects absolutely kills the ones in Kemper. I can't wait to hear and feel that Cygnus update, but anyway, I'm more than please already with the current firmware, the FM3 is truly an awesome tone machine!

Long time Kemper user here and Fractal stuff as well. I just bought a FM3 and my reaction is like yours: I'm blown away!! I finally got my mids back!!! Whatever profiles I would use, there was always this low mids congestion or weird compression going on, a kind of signature sound. You don't get this with the FM3. Every amp model has his own unique character. The feel of both unique is great and similar.The FM3 effects absolutely kills the ones in Kemper. I can't wait to hear and feel that Cygnus update, but anyway, I'm more than please already with the current firmware, the FM3 is truly an awesome tone machine!

Yes mate totally agree. It's so much better at everything, I am in love with it, don't know I am still new to it so maybe it's just the honeymoon time 🤣 but I really doubt it.

At first I was very impressed with getting all the tones I couldn't get with the Kemper. These days I am impressed by how easily I am able to replicate my standard Kemper tones I have been using for years. For example, if you want to get a tone like the "famous" stock AC20 on the Kemper, just try the Cameron 2c. With some tweaks it's there and even better.

And the marshalls...lol. Everyone in kemper community praises Michael Britt and Top Jimi. They sound nice on the demos but in real life they are thin, lifeless, no punch, no fatness, no everything, they are like toys compared to the Fm3. From the first day the fractal Marshalls filled my speakers with juicy fat punchy bitey aggression lol. Sorry for all the lols but i still have the smile on my face :) Can't wait to get my hands on Cygnus!

Yes mate totally agree. It's so much better at everything, I am in love with it, don't know I am still new to it so maybe it's just the honeymoon time 🤣 but I really doubt it.

At first I was very impressed with getting all the tones I couldn't get with the Kemper. These days I am impressed by how easily I am able to replicate my standard Kemper tones I have been using for years. For example, if you want to get a tone like the "famous" stock AC20 on the Kemper, just try the Cameron 2c. With some tweaks it's there and even better.

And the marshalls...lol. Everyone in kemper community praises Michael Britt and Top Jimi. They sound nice on the demos but in real life they are thin, lifeless, no punch, no fatness, no everything, they are like toys compared to the Fm3. From the first day the fractal Marshalls filled my speakers with juicy fat punchy bitey aggression lol. Sorry for all the lols but i still have the smile on my face :) Can't wait to get my hands on Cygnus!
True! I had packs form both Mbritt and Top Jimi and I agree their profiles sound nothing like their demos. With the FM3, I download some Leon Todd presets and they sound glorious just like him!! Well, I'm not that glorious sounding myself but it's good enough to put a smile in my face as well!! :)

I bought a Top Jimi pack. Pulled up some profiles and was like "wtf?". Sounded nothing like the demos.
That has been my experience on pretty much every one of his profiles as well. I put my order in for an FM3 today, and I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it! Wish I would have been more patient and waited just a few more months; I never would have bought the Kemper in the first place.

Kind of an odd question here, but how long would the FM3 be good for before we had to buy an updated fractal product if a new update or something happened that require the new product?

Kind of an odd question here, but how long would the FM3 be good for before we had to buy an updated fractal product...
You never have to buy an updated Fractal product. 20 years from now, the FM3 will be just as good as it is today.

if a new update or something happened that require the new product?
The AX8 was discontinued two and a half years ago, and people still gig them. The Ultra was discontinued ten years ago, and people still gig them.

The FM3 has only been without a wait list for three months. I don't expect it'll go poof any time soon. ;)

MBritt's profiles were the only ones I clicked with. But even those don't put a giant smile on my face the FM3's presets did out of the box. And then there's the effects and ability to tweak.

the FM3 has me addicted to playing guitar currently.

You never have to buy an updated Fractal product. 20 years from now, the FM3 will be just as good as it is today.

The AX8 was discontinued two and a half years ago, and people still gig them. The Ultra was discontinued ten years ago, and people still gig them.

The FM3 has only been without a wait list for three months. I don't expect it'll go poof any time soon. ;)
But would people who own the AX8 be able to download the new Cygnus when it comes out? Or would they need a newer product?

But would people who own the AX8 be able to download the new Cygnus when it comes out? Or would they need a newer product?
The AX8 is a legacy product. So are the Axe Fx Standard and Ultra, and the Axe Fx II.

The firmware is specific to a particular device. The Axe Fx III and FM3 are current devices receiving firmware updates.

The AX8 is a legacy product. So are the Axe Fx Standard and Ultra, and the Axe Fx II.

The firmware is specific to a particular device. The Axe Fx III and FM3 are current devices receiving firmware updates.
I guess thats kind of what Im getting at then. How long before current FM3 would become a "legacy product" and not be able to receive the firmware update?

I guess thats kind of what Im getting at then. How long before current FM3 would become a "legacy product" and not be able to receive the firmware update?
Here’s the best answer to that question that anyone will ever give you:

The FM3 has only been without a wait list for three months (and it’s only been available for eight months). I don't expect it'll go poof any time soon. ;)

Back
Top Bottom