AFIII Kemper Profiler vs. Axe-Fx 3 (the decision)

In the last seven years i had a Kemper Profiler. Now i tried the AXE FX 3
and after a couple of months i decided to switch from Kemper to AXE FX 3. The effects are better and i think the sound is
more directer than with the Kemper.
Concerning the recording-situation i thing the Kemper sits better in the mix without processing. But after a certain time i get used to the AXE FX 3.

Here my first try of a Production with the AXE FX 3.

And the end of the day i was very happy with my decision.

I hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
Sounds great! Can you describe some of the processing that you do with the Axe that you didn't need to do with the Kemper? Whatever you did, it seems to be working!

We're fortunate enough to have both here in the studio and I find that they are both excellent products. I always use the analogy that the Kemper is the kind of thing that would appeal to the type of player who would love to walk into a warehouse full of amps and pull one off the shelf and play. The Fractal, on the other hand, is more for the guy that would pull his amp apart, tweak it, hot rod it and then mess around with every pedal in the store - trying them in various sequences - looking to create cool sounds.

Sounds great! Can you describe some of the processing that you do with the Axe that you didn't need to do with the Kemper? Whatever you did, it seems to be working!

The Processing is nothing special. First of all, i change the IR lengh from MAX to 256. I don't know why, but it helps to make a better Stereosound in case of panning hard right an left. Then a Lowcut perhaps at 150 Hz. Then a dynamic EQ between 150 and 200 Hz to resolve the palmmute problem (with Fabfilter 3) and then a limiter (Renaissance Axx)
. Thats all. I always try out the Processing with the Neutron 3 Plugin From Izotope. In some cases that works also well.

Back
Top Bottom