Keith Urban 'Til Summer Comes Along Preset

Axeman

Experienced
I'm obviously a U2 nut, but I saw a concert on Palladia of John Mayer and Keith Urban and loved Keith's tone on 'Til Summer Comes Along. I pulled out the Strat, powered up the Axe II and two hours later.....

OT: Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Test - Keith Urban's 'Til Summer Comes Around - YouTube

Some of my playing is awful, but I didn't try to learn the entire song. I think I discovered a few good notes.

Here is the Axe II preset:

View attachment 7330

If anyone makes any improvements to this, please post here. Hopefully this is a good start.

Michael

In the other Urban thread I commented , only havibg heard you play(real nice as always) and heard the tone of the patch. Well,now it's in my II an with my 89 Strat with Lindy Fralin Vintage hots it sounds sooooooo good. Not just for country-it's a nice clean tone.
Thanks again

There's a video (I can't find it for the life of me) where he is sitting in the middle of a crowd (like TV audience or something) with just a strat, DL-4, and an amp. It was amazing.

Also, your clip was amazing and fresh. Great job!

Messed with this a bit, as Keith Urban's tones really are great.
I hear alot about him using Hiwatts in the studio (he uses alot of amps).

Based on this video:

Till Summer Comes Around by Keith Urban

I came up with a clean, warm-sounding Hiwatt-based rig with a TS808 pedal
in front for his smooth leads.

NOTE: Effective 11/24/2011, the attached patch rewritten for 3.0 Firmware.

Attachments

• 'Till Summer Comes.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
wow that sounds good! thanks. can i use this in the ultra or do i have to change it? if so how do i use it in the ultra...thanks

Hi everyone, thx!

65 Bassguy
Drive 4.1
Bass 4.6
Mid 6.25
Treb 6.6
Pres 1.0
Depth 3.0
Speaker Drive 2.5
Master 8.2
EQ = -1, -1, 0, 1.5, 2.0,1.5, -0.5, -1.5

Advanced (for Axe II only):
Sum L+R
10hz
20khz
100pF
passive
800.9hz
250hz
8.5 (damping)
3.50ms
40k hz
40k hz
60hz
19k hz
1.0 (transformer drive)
60hz
60 hz
2.4 (lf freq q)
pre-pi
off
passive
5.0 (triode hardness)

Cab L: 2x12 tob boost blue (rw)
Cab R: 2x12 blue

Then into enhancer (width at 20%)

Then into reverb (cathedral, mix 20%)

The enhancer really helps on this one with the reverb. Lush!!!!

Hi i just came across this video and was looking for the preset? i see i posted way back when i had my Ultra..haha. is the Axe II version floating around?

I'm obviously a U2 nut, but I saw a concert on Palladia of John Mayer and Keith Urban and loved Keith's tone on 'Til Summer Comes Along. I pulled out the Strat, powered up the Axe II and two hours later.....

OT: Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Test - Keith Urban's 'Til Summer Comes Around - YouTube

Some of my playing is awful, but I didn't try to learn the entire song. I think I discovered a few good notes.

Here is the Axe II preset:

View attachment 7330

If anyone makes any improvements to this, please post here. Hopefully this is a good start.

Michael

I think the attachment is dead - "Invalid Attachment specified"

Back
Top Bottom