Keith Urban and Axe-Fx 3 ... seeing him tonight ... is he using the Axe 3 yet (?)

ben ifin

Experienced
Hey all !

Seeing Keith Urban tonight here in Melbourne at " Rod Laver Arena " .... + 15,000 seat auditorium.

Am a big Keith fan for his playing and his recorded and live tones - they are - and always have been - stellar.

=> is he using the Axe 3 on this tour and if so is it for amps / efx / both (?)

Be interested to know.

Ben

Last edited:
You let us know! :)

Will do .... if I can "see" ... :)

Ive seen Keith every time he's played Melbourne since 1995 up until his last stadium "Ripcord" tour .... at all these shows he's always had 3 <-> 4 amps behind him on stage ..... for "Ripcord" is was 65 Amps ... we were 4 rows back in the front and the stage spill from just his amps was insanely loud .... I loved it :)

Without seeing the show yet, my best guess is that if he is "amp-less" on stage he *may* be going A3 direct.

Be good to know either way.

I'll report back either way ... he always puts in a phenomenal show and his [varying] band mates are stupidly multi-talented too.

Ben

Just back from the show .... kicked ar$$

2 1/2 solid hours and awesome guitar tones all round.

First time ever there we no Amps or Guitar cabs on stage .... each guy has 2 front facing wedges and 3 rear facing wedges behind them .... my guess is that either they have taken all the amps and real-cabs off / behind stage -or- they were using Axe 3's ..... but I couldn't say with any surety one way or the other without knowing

It was the 2nd last show of their world tour - final show is tomorrow.

Can sing ... can play .... can write ..... knows how to work a crowd ..... clearly loves what he does .... and he's a good looking guy ........damn i hate him :) ;)

Interestingly - Julia Michaels [ support act ] were using Kempers.

Ben

Last edited:
Just back from the show .... kicked ar$$

2 1/2 solid hours and awesome guitar tones all round.

First time ever there we no Amps or Guitar cabs on stage .... each guy has 2 front facing wedges and 3 rear facing wedges behind them .... my guess is that either they have taken all the amps and real-cabs off / behind stage -or- they were using Axe 3's ..... but I couldn't say with any surety one way or the other without knowing

It was the 2nd last show of their world tour - final show is tomorrow.

Can sing ... can play .... can write ..... knows how to work a crowd ..... clearly loves what he does .... and he's a good looking guy ........damn i hate him :) ;)

Interestingly - Julia Michaels [ support act ] were using Kempers.

Ben
Any insight to this , @Admin M@ ..?

If you watch his old rig rundown, he had 4x12's and 2x12's under the stage, pointed at himself through a metal grid stage floor. No amps on stage back then either.

He is a real tone purist, I'd be very interested to know whether he uses amp and cab modeling or just the effects section of the Axe II or Axe III.

Back
Top Bottom