Keep the Same Type of Fx When Changing Scenes

Alex Kerezy

Inspired
Hi,
I am creating a preset where in different scenes I use the same effect, but with different settings.
After I have everything set for one scene in a preset, I save it, then click the + button next to the scenes picker at the top of Axe Edit........... BAM..............Axe Fx changes the type of effect in a particular block.
AAAAaahhhhhh.............

For example In Scene One - I have a pitch block that uses the "Dual Shift" type of Pitch Shifter, then when I click the + button to start building out Scene Two (the next scene I'm working on); Axe Fx defaults the Pitch Bloc to "Crystal Echoes".............. come on.

Is there way to change this behavior?

Frustrated in Philly

The block is probably changing channels. A new block should be set for channel A on every scene.

To copy one channel's settings to other channels as a starting point, use Axe-Edit's channel copy function.

Hi,
I am creating a preset where in different scenes I use the same effect, but with different settings.
After I have everything set for one scene in a preset, I save it, then click the + button next to the scenes picker at the top of Axe Edit........... BAM..............Axe Fx changes the type of effect in a particular block.
AAAAaahhhhhh.............

For example In Scene One - I have a pitch block that uses the "Dual Shift" type of Pitch Shifter, then when I click the + button to start building out Scene Two (the next scene I'm working on); Axe Fx defaults the Pitch Bloc to "Crystal Echoes".............. come on.

Is there way to change this behavior?

Frustrated in Philly
It just happens to be set to something else. Simply copy channel settings as needed.

The block is probably changing channels. A new block should be set for channel A on every scene.

To copy one channel's settings to other channels as a starting point, use Axe-Edit's channel copy function.

I agree about the channel switching most likely causing the problem. However, I’m getting some weird results from new blocks. The pitch block, ironically, defaults to Channel A on each scene (this is all in a new blank preset by the way), but the amp block switches channels from scene 1-8. It goes ABCDAABA, for example. There is a different pattern for the cab block 2 (AABAAACA), but not cab block 1 (all A’s).

These patterns are inconsistent across presets, and occur with some some blocks and not others. So yes, it’s probably channel switching going on, but also, not all blocks are defaulting to Channel A across scenes at a starting point, so something definitely seems wrong and should be fixed.

I am on firmware 3.01.

EDIT: Upon further testing, I’ve found out what is going on. Every block’s Channel State and Bypass State per scene is being saved to that block type, and applied any time you select that block in a new preset. The exception is Scene 1 which will always default to Channel A with no Bypass. This happens whether using Axe III Edit or the front panel. Changes do not survive power cycle, and will mirror whatever the settings are in the last preset selected.

The short term fix, @Alex Kerezy, is when you select a block use Axe Edit toolbar>Block>All Scenes>Set to A.

Last edited:
I agree about the channel switching most likely causing the problem. However, I’m getting some weird results from new blocks. The pitch block, ironically, defaults to Channel A on each scene (this is all in a new blank preset by the way), but the amp block switches channels from scene 1-8. It goes ABCDAABA, for example. There is a different pattern for the cab block 2 (AABAAACA), but not cab block 1 (all A’s).

These patterns are inconsistent across presets, and occur with some some blocks and not others. So yes, it’s probably channel switching going on, but also, not all blocks are defaulting to Channel A across scenes at a starting point, so something definitely seems wrong and should be fixed.

I am on firmware 3.01.
Scenes aren’t setup until you set them up. There is no pattern and no norm. Nothing is wrong or malfunctioning.

Just proceed forward like this: if you haven’t setup a Scene yourself, the blocks may be in any channel or engage state until you set them how you want.

It’s very simple approaching it that way.

Scenes aren’t setup until you set them up. There is no pattern and no norm. Nothing is wrong or malfunctioning.

Just proceed forward like this: if you haven’t setup a Scene yourself, the blocks may be in any channel or engage state until you set them how you want.

It’s very simple approaching it that way.
Please read my edit to the original post, and try to reproduce.

Please read my edit to the original post, and try to reproduce.
Yup. Again, proceed as if a Scene is not setup until you set it up the way you want.

You are describing default block behavior. Once you set and save a Scene, the blocks aren’t default anymore.

I am on firmware 3.01.

EDIT: Upon further testing, I’ve found out what is going on. Every block’s Channel State and Bypass State per scene is being saved to that block type, and applied any time you select that block in a new preset. The exception is Scene 1 which will always default to Channel A with no Bypass. This happens whether using Axe III Edit or the front panel. Changes do not survive power cycle, and will mirror whatever the settings are in the last preset selected.

The short term fix, @Alex Kerezy, is when you select a block use Axe Edit toolbar>Block>All Scenes>Set to A.

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom