Keep Global Cab Sims On Even Though I Use a Guitar Cab?

CudBucket

Inspired
Yesterday I was using the Axe 2 ways:

1) Stereo into a Carvin DCM150 and then 2 Custom Audio Amplifiers 1x12 Cubes
2) Mono into Channel A of a VHT 2/50/2 and then into a Bogner OS 2x12

In both cases, I prefer (for the most part) the global cab sims on. I should say that this was while I was cycling through the factory presets.

Am I a freak? I prefer the added warmth, girth and thump. Anyone else doing this?

Dave

CudBucket said:
Yesterday I was using the Axe 2 ways:

1) Stereo into a Carvin DCM150 and then 2 Custom Audio Amplifiers 1x12 Cubes
2) Mono into Channel A of a VHT 2/50/2 and then into a Bogner OS 2x12

In both cases, I prefer (for the most part) the global cab sims on. I should say that this was while I was cycling through the factory presets.

Am I a freak? I prefer the added warmth, girth and thump. Anyone else doing this?

Dave

There's no "correct" way. Ultimately it has to please *you* and your own tastes and sensibilities.

facepalm.jpg

:p ;) :p

I found that for low-level solo jamming it sounds kinda cool to have cab sims into a real cab ... In the band's mix at higher volumes it just turns into mud. YMMV

Mik.

It's not adding low end so much as it's rounding off the high end. Generally speaking, running (in effect) a preamp into a power amp, into a cab, through a mic and mic preamp, through a power amp, through a cab is going to make things a bit muddy. If it sounds good and works for what you're doing, though, then there's no rule that says you can't do that.

Thanks guys. I know it might seem like a stupid question to some but I'd rather ask than wonder. I search everything first but that function on this site leaves much to be desired. Some of the most common search words are ignored because they're, uh, well, common. :evil: :roll:

mik said:
I found that for low-level solo jamming it sounds kinda cool to have cab sims into a real cab ... In the band's mix at higher volumes it just turns into mud. YMMV

Mik.
1+

CudBucket said:
Am I a freak? I prefer the added warmth, girth and thump.

I would say that yes, you are a freak for preferring a setup that sounds best to you.

But don't worry, if that's the requirement for entry, then this site is full of freaks. :lol:

It's your ears, your sound.....................and there is no "right" way to do it. If it sounds good to you, it's all good.

Myself - I run my Axe FX through a SS power amp into a Mesa 4x12 in stereo. I turn the global cab sims off.....................it sounds great in the mix with the band.

Back
Top Bottom