Keep Amp model setting when reinitializing defaults in amp b

Should the amp model type be retained when initializing default parameters in the amp block?

• The amp block should retain the current model type when initializing default values.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

javajunkie

Right now when you reset the amp blocks to default, the model type goes to tube pre. It has been suggested, and I agree, that it should retain the current amp model type and its defaults rather than reverting to the tube pre.

It is amusing how often I'm surprised by the reset to Tube Pre when I reset the amp block.

javajunkie said:
Right now when you reset the amp blocks to default, the model type goes to tube pre. It has been suggested, and I agree, that it should retain the current amp model type and its defaults rather than reverting to the tube pre.

Yup.

Yep. On the front panel it takes ages to roll back to the Corncob. Still. Just switching to the next (or previous) model and back does the same, no?

Dutch said:
Yep. On the front panel it takes ages to roll back to the Corncob. Still. Just switching to the next (or previous) model and back does the same, no?

Uhm no, that just resets the "advanced" params, not all.

yek said:
Dutch said:

Ah, yes. Well, since I always turn the tone knobs anyway...

Still voted in favor BTW.

Dutch said:
Just switching to the next (or previous) model and back does the same, no?

yek said:

Ohhh !?! So how to reset ALL the parameters back to default ? I was just switching to the next amp and back again (and was wondering why the normal settings seemed the same...) :oops:

Thanks

Ochanomizu said:
Dutch said:
Just switching to the next (or previous) model and back does the same, no?

yek said:

Ohhh !?! So how to reset ALL the parameters back to default ? I was just switching to the next amp and back again (and was wondering why the normal settings seemed the same...) :oops:

Thanks

Double-clicking or holding the BYPASS button resets every parameter of a block to default or start values.
In the amp block this means, also the amp type gets reset (=tube pre), along with drive, master, tonestack... everything.
Switching the amp type back and forth just resets amp specific values, like damp, sag, (depth? not sure) and probably everything on the adv. page.

Oh, and of couse "yes" in the poll.
I've often had to do total reset and the endless value knob dial spinning to the Mk2C+ became tedious.

Re: Keep Amp model setting when reinitializing defaults in a

rsf1977 said:
Yes, double yes
triple yes ;)

(i was just going there to post the same poll when...)

Damn that vote is quite close :lol:

I should have voted no just for the fun of it :mrgreen:

javajunkie said:
You're always right Sean ;)

"The amp block should retain the current model type when initializing default values"
+1

keep amp model when reinitializing defaults.. Yes!

Back
Top Bottom