Keeley Modded DS-1 BLKs (Zendrive clone bonus)

Poparad

Power User
So I recently have gotten into pedal modding and I added the Keeley Ultra and All Seeing Eye mods to a Boss DS-1. The FM3 has a "DS1 Distortion Mod," which according to Yek's guide, is based on the ASE mod. The models in the FM3 sound great, but in case you want to experiment with a slightly different flavor of those sounds, I tweaked the blocks to sound like my pedals.

As would be expected, mine sounds a little bit different from the model, so I adjusted the EQ and drive settings to match. With the adjustments and toggling back and forth between the real pedal and the model, I can't hear any difference in tone or feel (kudos to Fractal). As you move the knobs away from noon, it starts to differ, but it's still good; just different.

I also tweaked the block with a "clean boost" setting, which sounds absolutely stellar in front of a high gain amp model, such as the USA IIC++. It really nails that snarly, bitting low-tuned bark with less mushiness than either the SD1 or Tube Screamer can muster.

DS1 Keeley Ultra DIY - All knobs at noon
DS1 Keeley ASE DIY - All knobs at noon
DS1 Keeley ASE Clean Boost - Gain at 0, Tone maxed, and Level at 5.

Also, I happen to have a Zendrive clone that I bought off someone on Facebook Marketplace that sounds really good. Again, a little different from the model in the FM3, so I tweaked it with knobs all at noon. And again, as you move away from noon, the model and the pedal differ, but at noon, they sound and feel identical.

To use these in FM3Edit, save them to the following folder:
C:\Documents\FractalAudio\AxeEdit\Blocks\Drive

Attachments

• DS1 Keeley ASE Clean Boost_20220103_010623.blk
    563 bytes · Views: 4
  • DS1 Keeley ASE DIY_20220101_014505.blk
    555 bytes · Views: 4
  • DS1 Keeley Ultra DIY_20220101_013807.blk
    557 bytes · Views: 4
  • Zendrive DIY_20220101_013033.blk
    549 bytes · Views: 4
Back