Keeley Halo Take 2

Great work AlbertA !

It's my turn to share something. Here's an updated version of my Andy Timmons preset, with these "Halo" settings. The original preset (from my "Rock & Metal vol 1" pack) was made after Vai Academy 5.0, where I got to check Andy's amps and effects settings, and further tweaked after watching many of his Stage It streaming shows (I recorded all of them) and taking an online lesson with him (that was great ! I asked him lot of details on his amp & effects settings, he checked my AT preset, and I even made him improvise over the synth backing of one of my "drones" presets, like "Fremen's drones of Arakis". Wish I could post that video, I recorded the full session :cool: )

My preset uses a custom user cab, which I don't want to share, but you can use channel B of the cab block for the first two scenes instead if you don't already have it from one of my packs.

This short video is not an extensive demo, I made it to show two things : (1) the difference between my custom cab and the stock cab I used (I didn't searched for long, probably another cab will sound closer to mine, I'm not that familiar with stock cabs), (2) the AlbertA "Halo" settings (scene 5, also used in all scenes except scene 6) and the original delay setting of my preset (scene 6). I tend to prefer the stereo bouncing delay spread of scene 6 myself, but kudos to AlbertA and all the guys who worked on the Halo settings !

what is Input USb used for?

This is exactly what people need to be doing.

Getting these new pedals in your sites, and taking them down.

This is awesome I wish I still had a Fractal to try it. But I will hold out for the FM4 Turbo which I may never live to see. Or the Fm9.

Years ago, in the 90's when working in clubs in Montreal as a FOH/Monitor tech. I would use 2 delays for vocal effects. I had a Korg SDD 2000 and SDD 3000 panned hard left and hard right with a slight offset to one side maybe 15-30 ms or sometimes more, then by using the console aux sends I would feed some of the left delays into the right and vice versa. It created a wonderfully spacious delay effect, not unlike the Halo.

@AlbertA - For the Timmy Andons v3 preset, are the manual controllers supposed to be attached to things? I see them on my Per Preset Performance tab but they don't seem to be connected to any of the modifiers. On the modifiers tab I just see the LFO 1A and 1B connected to modifiers, but not Manual 1-5.

1689185876193.png

@AlbertA - For the Timmy Andons v3 preset, are the manual controllers supposed to be attached to things? I see them on my Per Preset Performance tab but they don't seem to be connected to any of the modifiers. On the modifiers tab I just see the LFO 1A and 1B connected to modifiers, but not Manual 1-5.

View attachment 123307
Probably leftovers from where I was trying to have mappings for the knobs of the actual pedal - ran into an old bug where too many modifiers brought the Axe-Fx III to a crawl - I think that’s been fixed but unfortunately I don’t have the pedal anymore.

Probably leftovers from where I was trying to have mappings for the knobs of the actual pedal - ran into an old bug where too many modifiers brought the Axe-Fx III to a crawl - I think that’s been fixed but unfortunately I don’t have the pedal anymore.
Gotcha. Do you remember what they were mapped to?

1689196601979.png

Love how you geeked out on this!
If you can figure out to do it without modifiers, maybe it can be added as a TYPE.
MTD Aurora type already puts it in the ballpark as it matches the delay line configuration (feedback, cross feedback and phase reversal) of the Halo.

But for getting the modulation closer, without modifiers, I posted these wishes last year:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/allow-lfo2-controller-to-be-synchronized-to-lfo1.185911/
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...nd-phase-in-the-multitap-delay-blocks.185909/

And to get the saturation and EQ closer without additional blocks:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/add-additional-eq-stage-to-delay-block.185402/#post-2298117
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...oop-out-of-feedback-loop.185401/#post-2298116

Gotcha. Do you remember what they were mapped to?

View attachment 123310

Going from memory here.

• Halo Level to Delay block 1/2 level parameter (I use a pedal on mine though)
  • Halo Time to Master time in Delay Block 1/2
  • Halo Feedback to Master feedback in Delay Block 1/2
  • Halo Rate to LFO 1+2 (in controllers) rate
  • Halo Depth to LFO 1+2 (in controllers) depth - but this wouldn't really be the same - to get closer you would need to change the mapping of the modifier attached to the Time controls of the delay blocks, so that the max range of times is chosen to correspond to 100% of the pedal, then you could use depth to bring it down.
  • Halo Saturate - this was attached to the drive block drive and level parameters - in another version of the patch, where I had more filter blocks, it was also attached to the frequency parameter of a filter block set to low pass, since the pedal decreases the LP cutoff (less highs) as you increase saturation.

Back
Top Bottom