Keeley ECCOS with Axe-Fx III

What does Keeley Eccos better than or different from the AXE-FX III Delay + Looper IYO ?
I think you can dial the Axe FX to do any of the tape delay settings. It does have flanged delays, which is pretty cool. I suppose in the Axe FX you'd need a delay block and a flanger block for this.

Great video! I'm enthralled with all of the videos I have seen on the Eccos. It sounds incredible, as does your playing!

What does Keeley Eccos better than or different from the AXE-FX III Delay + Looper IYO ?
I bought two Eccos as soon as they were released, because they could get a sound it’d take several other pedals to duplicate but it’s an apples to oranges comparison against a FM3 or AF3.

The AF3 and FM3 have virtual models built-in that are easily combined that allow us to duplicate the sound of the Eccos. However, to do so requires dedicating flanger and delay blocks to recreating just that effect.

That’s the trade off when competing against pedals that go for a specific sound and have circuitry dedicated to it. A modeler can recreate it with careful fiddling, but we’ll consume blocks and CPU to get there.

We can get close with a flanger and an echo, but so can an echo with a tiny amount of modulation, but they’re not the exact Eccos sound. In a band setting could the person who’s standing on the sidewalk outside and trying to decide whether to come in tell the difference?

I bought two Eccos as soon as they were released, because they could get a sound it’d take several other pedals to duplicate but it’s an apples to oranges comparison against a FM3 or AF3.

The AF3 and FM3 have virtual models built-in that are easily combined that allow us to duplicate the sound of the Eccos. However, to do so requires dedicating flanger and delay blocks to recreating just that effect.

That’s the trade off when competing against pedals that go for a specific sound and have circuitry dedicated to it. A modeler can recreate it with careful fiddling, but we’ll consume blocks and CPU to get there.

We can get close with a flanger and an echo, but so can an echo with a tiny amount of modulation, but they’re not the exact Eccos sound. In a band setting could the person who’s standing on the sidewalk outside and trying to decide whether to come in tell the difference?

Agreed! Actually, I run this pedal through an FX Loop of the Axe FX 3. It hits the bullseye turning a couple knobs.

Back
Top Bottom