Katy Perry - Unconditionally (Metal Cover)

Jotun666

Inspired
Hi, friends, after some time I´m back again, this time with another Katy Perry metal cover/remix: Unconditionally. All guitars and bass were recorded using Axe FX II (ENGL Savage, Roland 120 jazz and Ampeg SVT sims)

I hope you like it, and any feedback on the tone or mix is welcomed.

nice one! mix sounds good. Heavy gtrs sound great. cleangtrs sound a bit distant to my taste tho.
Overall it sounds like it was written for this style. I completly forgot how the orignal sounded like after listening to this :)

nice one! mix sounds good. Heavy gtrs sound great. cleangtrs sound a bit distant to my taste tho.
Overall it sounds like it was written for this style. I completly forgot how the orignal sounded like after listening to this :)

Thanks a lot, man! Glad you liked it.

The guitar was a cheap one (I had it in the right tuning...) with EMGs, and I think it doesn´t sound bad. Cleans were done that way on purpose, with tons of reverb and delay, to make it sound a bit atmospheric.

Katy had great songs (I don´t dig the latest album) and are a little pop/rock oriented in the vocal composition, so they´re great to adapt to metal.

Back
Top Bottom