Kartakou TS Overdrive into USA IIC ++

Kjaris

I had the pleasure to demo a really cool Guitar pedal from Kartakou Amplification called the warmer overdrive. Here's the song I wrote for the demo with a cool solo in the middle. First time I've used an external drive pedal with my AxeFX II I used the new IIC++ model and am quite happy with the results. Cheers.

If you're interested in watching the whole demo check it out here

I like the track, the lead was very tasteful and well performed in my opinion. The pedal seems pretty cool, i like its overall sound, seems to be a less honky Tube Screamer. The only not positive thing i noticed was the adjustments to the pedal didnt seem to make much difference in the tone, but i have to admit iwas I was listening through my JBL Pulse speaker and not my studio monitors.

I like the track, the lead was very tasteful and well performed in my opinion. The pedal seems pretty cool, i like its overall sound, seems to be a less honky Tube Screamer. The only not positive thing i noticed was the adjustments to the pedal didnt seem to make much difference in the tone, but i have to admit iwas I was listening through my JBL Pulse speaker and not my studio monitors.
Thanks for the comments on my playing. The tone knob doesn't make a huge difference but all the other knobs are pretty substantial. Also the ability to change the op amp changes the sound a lot as well the guitar panned left is the NE5532 the guitar panned right and the solo is the JRC chip.

Great playing and tone. There was a definite improvement in the tone when you kick on the Warmer Overdrive at 1:18 in the YT demo (IMHO). I have to agree with stm113 though, in that adjusting the various controls seemed to make to little or no difference to the sound (even the Volume control, until you turned it all the way off). I listened on my surround sound system for my flat screen & through my studio monitors. I could only tell a small difference when the gain control was adjusted, but only when I listened through the monitors.

Probably just a YouTube compression issue though. As you said, I'm sure the adjustments are much more audible in person.

Great demo overall. Very professional production & presentation. :)

Great playing and tone. There was a definite improvement in the tone when you kick on the Warmer Overdrive at 1:18 in the YT demo (IMHO). I have to agree with stm113 though, in that adjusting the various controls seemed to make to little or no difference to the sound (even the Volume control, until you turned it all the way off). I listened on my surround sound system for my flat screen & through my studio monitors. I could only tell a small difference when the gain control was adjusted, but only when I listened through the monitors.

Probably just a YouTube compression issue though. As you said, I'm sure the adjustments are much more audible in person.

Great demo overall. Very professional production & presentation. :)
Thanks man! Yea I set it up to compliment the OD. It really is an awesome Overdrive, one of my favorites now for sure!

Back
Top Bottom