AFIII Karnatic/fusion/metal online collab video

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor

Hi guys, I want to share with you my new video. It's a song from my solo album, TDR Project, released in 1993, that I've decided to re-record, with two guests : Amine Mraihi (Tunisia/Switzerland) on electric oud, and Neriyen Veerlapin (Mauritius) on tabla. For lovers of classical Indian music, fusion... and metal ;) I personally love karnatic music, my guitar for the first part of the video uses a karnatic style tuning (from top to bottom : E B E B E E)

All my guitar sounds, and Amine's electric oud, were recorded with the Axe-Fx III.

Isn’t that electric oud just a regular fretless guitar? Seems like the same scale as a guitar and bigger scale than an oud? Also no double strings like an oud. What tuning does he use? Can you tell me more about the instrument, maker and such?

It's definitely shorter scale than a guitar, I played on it - or rather, tried to - when I was at Amine's place 2 years ago, tuning is not the same either. If I recall well, he has other electric ouds with double strings. I don't know much more about that specific instrument, but will ask him. All I know is that it was custom made, and definitely not a fretless guitar

Here's one video from his YT channel where he plays a traditional oud :

And another one with the electric instrument :

Amine also plays with jazz/fusion bands

Ok thanks! That instrument in the last videos seems to have a smaller scale than the other one. More like a regular oud.

Ok thanks! That instrument in the last videos seems a smaller scale than the other one. More like a regular oud.
I tried both when i was at his place, they seemed to be of the same size. one has 8 strings, the other 6

Hello guys, i jump in, thanks for the nice feedback. All my electric oud are the same scale as a regular (acoustic oud 58.5 cm) made by an italian Luthier (kool guitars) in Napoli. Greetings
Want to say - great job - to you too! Really cool track.

Hello guys, i jump in, thanks for the nice feedback. All my electric oud are the same scale as a regular (acoustic oud 58.5 cm) made by an italian Luthier (kool guitars) in Napoli. Greetings
You should post here more often, my friend :)

For lovers of jazz/world music, here's Amine's latest video (and yes, he also uses the Axe-fx III here) :

Just beautiful, T and Amine!!! It's hard not to be in a good mood listening to this!! Thank you for sharing this.🙏

Very Vai-like at the end!!

Back
Top Bottom