Kali LP6s - Definitely Great for the $ (IMO)

I just picked up Kali LP6 studio monitors (new for $300/pair). They sound really great IMO with the FM3. Definitely a great bang for the buck. They sound very smooth and clear from low to higher volumes.
I totally agree. You can’t beat them for the price.

I should add that I don't have a treated room or space. I simply set the dip switches on the backs of the monitors per Kali's instructions. Very warm sounding -- not harsh. Easy to EQ with the FM3.

I wanted to follow up on this. Although I really like the sound out of these guys, and the price point is certainly great, I had to return one of the speakers because it kept popping on power off. The replacement speaker is also popping on power off. (Yes, I always power them on last and power them off first, and I've swapped out cables, etc. -- It's the speaker(s)). So, l will be returning both this time.

I wanted to follow up on this. Although I really like the sound out of these guys, and the price point is certainly great, I had to return one of the speakers because it kept popping on power off. The replacement speaker is also popping on power off. (Yes, I always power them on last and power them off first, and I've swapped out cables, etc. -- It's the speaker(s)). So, l will be returning both this time.
I had a pair and one did that as well. The replacement did the same so like you I returned them. I went with the tried and true Yamaha HS8s on sale for 20% off.

I had a pair and one did that as well. The replacement did the same so like you I returned them. I went with the tried and true Yamaha HS8s on sale for 20% off.
Yeah, it's disappointing because the design and sound are very good. Like a lot of less expensive electronics though, the parts may not be the best.

It's between these and the iLoud micro monitors for me. Haven't decided yet. Probably just wait until one pops up on SlickDeals

The sound of the Kali speakers is pretty descent for the price point but if size is an issue (usually isn’t) then the iLouds may be a better option.

I have the IN-8s... there's no power save on those. They sounds GREAT and are very loud for home practice and playing (I don't push them anywhere near what they can do... they are loud, and very flat/clear). Great for mixing, but also music listening... they have a very modest V shape in the EQ, which better reflect how people hear their music through regular speakers. I can mix my music down and listen to them through my BOSE computer speakers, and it matches very well.

Back
Top Bottom