K12 eq?

spikey

Experienced
I've been playing with a pair of QSC K 12s, and trying to dial in a few patches. I've noticed the 125, 250, and 500 hz sliders are the ones I always drop. To my ears the 250 and 125 are lowest, and the 500 is 6 db down or so. Setting by ears is one thing, but knowing its right is another. Any one have a better way on eq settings using K12s and the axe fx II ?

I used 2 k12's allot before i got the clr's. Hmm i guess your going for the scooped tone. My global was extreme lows and extreme hi's cut, and i bumped my mids. but thats just me.

If you are using K12's as monitors, the first thing I do when I see K12's is cut a piece of about a 3"x3" gaffer's tape and put it square over the center of the high frequency driver.

Trust me on that.

Hmm i guess your going for the scooped tone.

how'd you get that? he's "dropping" the low end because there's too much.

anyways, the k series boosts the lows and highs a ton. i generally got a good sound from my k10 pair. the lows were easy to dump, but i was always fighting the top end. i had a frowny face EQ going on at stage volumes. recently got an RCF speaker and it's much better now.

Run it in sub mode (cuts the bass down), in the cab block set the hi cut to like 6-8k down from 20k.. this helps with running at gig volumes. I stand it on end too, as how you place it makes a difference. I haven't needed to do the beam block. I don't touch any global eq's, just adjust the amp to taste.

If you are using K12's as monitors, the first thing I do when I see K12's is cut a piece of about a 3"x3" gaffer's tape and put it square over the center of the high frequency driver.

Trust me on that.

Scott is so right on this! I didnt think to mention that I used his tip and got excellent results

putting in sub mode really takes that low end push out... flattens it out. if you need more low end, turn up depth or play with the cab block position (I think that is what it is).

TY all very much for the ideas-!!! I will try them. :)

Yea that was 500 hz...

I do like most sounds I'm getting and Im almost dialed in with these guys. This will help!

That little bit and the ease of moving them is the ticket...

i wish i had seen this before i sold mine (a half hour ago). oh well, i guess i have $500 to buy some headphones.

Back
Top Bottom