JVM sounding weird

Since you own a real JVM. Does it really have such a stupidly high amount of gain?
Yes it does. I updated the output transformer to a Mercury Magnetic and did a few other mods . My main rig at the time was using a midi switched Diezel Herbert . Got the JVM because of the midi capabilities as a backup rig. Have not used it in a while .

I purchased a used DSL100 . No midi control but amp is way cheaper and has much more usable gain and sounds more musical to me .

Been using Fractal equipment for the past 8-9 yrs . Still like plugging a tube amp into a 2 x 12 V30 cabinet once in a while for nostalgic reasons I guess.

The red channel is honestly unusable.

We had it in the music store for a bit, and everyone who would play the JVM, would switch back to the orange channel after less than a minute.

The orange channel too is VERY saturated, far too much for my taste.

However, throw that new fortin grinder boost on with the green channel....and WOW!! No need for double tracking - that thing is absolutely MONSTROUS!!!

Yes it does. I updated the output transformer to a Mercury Magnetic and did a few other mods . My main rig at the time was using a midi switched Diezel Herbert . Got the JVM because of the midi capabilities as a backup rig. Have not used it in a while .

I purchased a used DSL100 . No midi control but amp is way cheaper and has much more usable gain and sounds more musical to me .

Been using Fractal equipment for the past 8-9 yrs . Still like plugging a tube amp into a 2 x 12 V30 cabinet once in a while for nostalgic reasons I guess.
I couldn’t agree more about the DSL 100. Of you want to get close to the Lead 1 mode, use the Friedman BE C45 and go to the preamp page and turn the high cut frequency up to 16k. That got me really close to my DSL.

As for the JVM, I used to have one and sold it because the gain was absolutely out of control. Went back to the DSL and all was right in the world.

Sold the Mark V (to fund the III) kept the DSL100H. Cab is loaded with G12K-85s.

:p:p:p

1FD6D130-F979-43B8-8C91-FAE281C1B0F9.jpeg

Last edited:
Both mostly collecting dust since getting my AxeFxII and especially now with the III . Even the Standard before that gave Marshall a run for its money !IMG_4690.JPG

Back
Top Bottom