JVM Js in the tonestack

djlynch

Inspired
Has there always been a JVM Js and JVM Js Midshift in the tone stack? I don't open that door much but I did today. Give the JVM a bit more squish

What Moke said. I finished the preliminary modeling today. I wasn't thrilled with the sound initially so I went back and looked at the notes Joe sent us. He said he puts all the tone controls at around 10:00. Tried that and viola ( ;) ) badassery.

I would like the Crunch Channel was modeled.
It's allso perfect that makes you want to have more!!!

Please, Sr. :)

I would like the Crunch Channel was modeled.
It's allso perfect that makes you want to have more!!!

Please, Sr. :)

Yes, the Crunch channel is the one that shines most on the HJS. Also, it depends on which modes (Green, Amber, Red) are modeled.

Another Marshall, which many Marshall enthusiasts consider to be the best master volume Marshall ever made (one of Jim's personal favorites), is the 25th Anniversary 6100 series. This was the amp Joe S. used in the early days, and has a unique overdrive character.

Last edited:
What Moke said. I finished the preliminary modeling today. I wasn't thrilled with the sound initially so I went back and looked at the notes Joe sent us. He said he puts all the tone controls at around 10:00. Tried that and viola ( ;) ) badassery.
Awesome, can't wait! That's an unbelievably responsive and expressive tone that will be a lot of fun to play around with.

i actually have this amp. It is very nice and incredibly versatile from very clean to moderate gain to higher gain.. Will be interested to see how FAS addresses it.

Why is the MV set low by default? and would it be possible to have a hi res ir of the Marshal 1960A cab with 75 watts speakers the actual cab used by Satch.

Too much MV can make your sound all flubby. What do you think it should default to?
Well since I own the actual amp, when the MV is low the tone is super flubby it tightens up whenever the MV goes noon and beyond... and logically its not normal to restrict such a high gain amp to a small MV bracket. The amp sound amazing and it's my favorite currently but it just felt a bit weird setting the MV on a marshall amp so low.

Well since I own the actual amp, when the MV is low the tone is super flubby it tightens up whenever the MV goes noon and beyond... and logically its not normal to restrict such a high gain amp to a small MV bracket. The amp sound amazing and it's my favorite currently but it just felt a bit weird setting the MV on a marshall amp so low.
Set it where it sounds best to your ears. Bump it with MV trim to get even more.

To my ears, most high-gain amps fart out at high MV.

Back
Top Bottom