Just wondering.. Tone Matching question..

Homefree

Do you think with this tone match thing that we would be able to tone match anything else other than just a guitar? I'm sure there would be some other cool things to emulate as well..

I think it's more of using the onboard eq to accurately match the desired tone. I don't think it's going to be a straight emulate and copy type of feature.
But I'm not sure what you're referring to though

I think combining tone match with amplitude (volume block) envelopes could go a long way towards some cool instrument simulations.

For instance, think about some of the cello type patches that folks have created. A lot of these are based on getting the "bow attack" sound of the cello.

Combine that with the tone match to get the right harmonic spectrum of the instrument and it could be really cool.

While testing TL Space, I remarked that I was having a blast using various "not for reverb" wavs as IRs. This prompted the TL guys to shoot some... interesting IRs. One of my favorite replies is, "Uhhh... you aren't supposed to do that. Why would someone even try that?" :D

I was wondering about this too... it would probably do a passable simulation if you tone match an acoustic guitar.

I would most definitely love if you shared this patch as well! I have been searching for a decent acoustic patch for the axe fx ii for sometime now.

Back
Top Bottom