Just wondering how many people leave the plastic left on?

Of course i leave it !
I love keeping gear in "mint" state :)

I tend to leave such things on too. No idea why really... and I readily question who I'm leaving it protected for..? What's the point in 'saving the good stuff' for the next guy and not enjoying it yourself..?
shrug.gif

Same as screen covers on phones - yeah, you're keeping it nice, but for who..? Mind you, having said that, I've just replaced a dinged phone screen cover which, had it not been there, would have meant a permanent scuff which would I have to live with, regardless of anyone down the line

I have a Standard I bought in 2007 and a II I bought in 2011 and both still have the plastic on them.

Mine is still on. Just think of the value it adds if I ever sold it in the future. Ill be able to say: still has plastic. Boom! I've just garnered premium price lol

I leave the plastic on my II for the same reason I left it on my Ultra.

(Hint: I sold my 2 year old Ultra for $70 less than what I paid for it brand new.)

And what would that plastic thing protect the screen from? Screen eating ninjas? Or do you put the Axe in your pocket? And why not leave it in the cardboard box and just drill some holes in it for cables etc? :razz

The girlfriend leaves the plastic on everything. Drives me nuts!

I am also finding it hard to get good tones out of the Axe with it on. *sigh*

plastic-1_zps210bad47.gif

Couldn't help but laugh when I saw this post! And yes HAHA, mine is still on! (Don't want the screen to get scratched!)

I just haven't had a reason to remove it. I think I took the plastic off my ultra like, 2 years into owning it because it was starting to peel off. I didn't think the II would have the plastic on this long seeing as it's MUCH bigger than the actual screen. I bet the guys at FAS got a kick out of it when I sent it back in for repair last year.

I Have mine on my Axe II and my Ultra still. I have been thinking about buying a cell phone style screen protector for the AXE-FX. I know Walmart and Best Buy sells 3 packs of these that you can cut to fit any style phone. These would be plenty big enough for the AXE II and the Ultra. Just have to figure out something for the MFC
I did exactly that. My wife has a Samsung Galaxy Note phone that's bigger than the window. Cut it down to size and stuck it on. So. Mine's off... And back on again, but cooler.

Actually.
My Ultra had some scratches. I needed glasses to see them, but still I felt bad about them at selling time... But I dislike the foil that comes with it.

I left in on my ultra for a year and a half,sold it with it on.:D left on my axe II for about 6 months ,had an official plastic stripping day .Once you pull it off ,its not going back on,I tried :D

Mines getting a bit ragged. If AE dont come out soon... (ducks objects thrown),, I'll have to rip it off

Back
Top Bottom